French translation

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent thanks for sharing, will have a look. If you need advice or help please ask, plenty of good users around to help :)

k_graham

Hi; I uploaded the unzipped version of this to Tapachula.info/languages directory in Version 1.6 and it did not show when trying to install from admin I also placed in Tapachula.info/languages/import and still does not show, only English shows?

k_graham

My error, perhaps the cache never reflected the change as a day later I see a choice of French or English in the admin area for default language. An issue though it would be appreciated if multiple languages brought up a button on the actual site so a visitor could change language, the same as on the Visiolist.com webpage.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
My error, perhaps the cache never reflected the change as a day later I see a choice of French or English in the admin area for default language. An issue though it would be appreciated if multiple languages brought up a button on the actual site so a visitor could change language, the same as on the Visiolist.com webpage.
We had a plugin for this in the past, but it was a bit confusing as the content of the website would never change (user data like site title, description, category names etc). Nobody seemed to like that experience (for good reason) and it seemed sensible to have the interface be in 1 language. But if you wanted to make a switcher, it would not be very hard with a little PHP and the use of a cookie or session to store the users choice.