Extra info in welcome email

Anna

How do I write some extra text into the welcome email that are sent out? I especially want to send out a link to a pdf-document with a handbook of how to do the most of the list to new members.

FYI, I have found the php-document for the welcome mail, just do not know the code to show the text.

Anna

Nope, if it was that easy I would not have to ask here! :p No matter wher I paste the link it does not show in my confirmation mail. I also tried changing join_existing_email.html with the same lack of result.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that is the file.
Wrong skin edited?
Edited the file before and maybe have it in the child folder of your skin? if so thats the one u need to edit

Anna

Nope and nope! :) With all the changes I wanting to do I have long planned to start using the child-theme but never got around to it and I only use one theme...
Will go ahead and try with my older list as well. Do you have a updated list you can try on? I would be feeling greatly relieved if someone could say: "Oooops, its not you - its a bug" . Although I am not that hopeful :-D

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well, what can i say. it always works -.-
could post here what you trying to put into the file? ( copy complete updated content ) Then ill try on our dev list

Anna

This is what I have written in my join_existing_email file. Very simple and straightforward since I could not be arsed to fix a second username just for testing:

Code:
Subject: {$lng->join_welcome}
{$lng->join_email_thanks}

{$lng->g_username}: {$owner}
{$lng->main_menu_user_cp}: {$list_url}/?a=user_cpl

Testing testing 1

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
looks like when a member adds a second site the join_email.html template is called instead of join_existing_email.html

will make sure this bug is fixed in 1.0, in the mean time you can edit join_email.html

I see above you said this doesn't work, strange. I have tested and confirmed this is indeed working

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
yup I was unable to get join_existing_email.html to work, when adding a second site via userCP join_email.html is what I received.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Quick fix for anyone interested.
sources/user_cp/join_existing.php find
Code:
$join_email = new skin('join_email');
change to
Code:
$join_email = new skin('join_existing_email');