errors with several plugins

CrazyCoder

So installed the VL 1.2, several new fields i added, i got several errors i dont understand those issues :

here some screen captures from one of the new fields i created :

1) i added a country field, its a drop down menu, with 4 choices so far
2) i added a language field, its a drop down menu too
3) i added a tag field, a Single line textbox, no lenght limitation, no restrictions
4) i added the plugin : CALLBACK BUT this is not configurated right now, i guess i would have to enter my server IP somewhere, but i need to read instructions in order to understand the exact use of it

should be the CALLBACK plugin, i did NOT yet configure, cozing problems ?

when i go to edit an account, by example i select a language, a country, i enter some words into the tag field,
but i always got an error, NOT showing WHERE is the concerned fields, leading to this error

i attached also 2 pics :

1) first_useredit_step : i just click on the edit account link from the user menu, i can see my banners, all seems normal
2) second_useredit_step : i DONT change anything ok ? ok , THEN i click on edit button, the page reload and this is no more showing MY banners, but the base site one

3) IF i click again on the edit account usermenu link, am again fine, with the first_useredit_step screen capture

Attachments

CrazyCoder

UPDATE !!!!!!!! ==> IF i select France from the country drop down menu, wich IS THE FIRST ONE select option,
its leads to this error, BUT
IF i select ANY of the others choices, its OK the account is well edited

its OK with the language Field, i can select any of the select option i put

SO i must have bad configurated the FIELD : Country, checking whats wrong ... maybe the ID of the first select option ...

CrazyCoder

yaaaaaaaaaaaa dats IT !!!!!!

NEVER put an id equal to 0 !!!!!! to a field select option, arrghhhh SO SORRY am so stupid !!!
i might thought about this 0 id could produce errors, MY BAD !!!!

==> down on my knees, i apologize, lol cretinous of mine ....

there must be writtent somewhere, into the : adding new field readme.txt or instructions ....

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
NEVER put an id equal to 0 !!!!!! to a field select option, arrghhhh SO SORRY am so stupid !!!
Indeed. Its caused by our validate functions, which checks for
Code:
if(empty($value)) {
the php's empty functions takes a 0 ( zero ) as empty. Hence the error you had.
I actually fixed this in the VL 2.0 developement, but kind forgot about it.
Thx for the reminder, i'll put the needed edits into 1.3 so a 0 can be used

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
As for your user panel edit error. Its hard to to troubleshoot.
There is an error, but it doesnt show what or where the error is. Guess would be that it is caused by a plugin

So disable all plugins, then keep your url field empty and see if the same banner issue pops up. If yes, ill investigate. If not you need to troubleshoot your plugins

Also if you could write normally, stopping with all the caps and wrong words ( dats IT for example ). Makes your posting always really hard to read

CrazyCoder

ok basti, gonna better write, and less "flooding" also, will test all plugins tomorrow
as far i checked now, its this id 0, wich where cozing all weird issues, even for banners, i guess so

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yea that error i just correct and included it into 1.3 release.
If you wish to use the fix now, upload the attached file to sources/misc/

Attachments

CrazyCoder

wouuuu ouuuuuu fantastic, i succeeded putting my own design to run according to VL 1.2 !!!!!!

iiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry about flooding again, really, but am so so happy, dats it :p;) and just a very very few core modification, only the index.php, yes i did it ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::D
Thanks again Mark and Basti, my brothers :)