Error: Invalid Category.

boozhloo2

Hello,

I've been getting this error on some categories that I've created. Here's the full return:

Error
Invalid Category. Please try again.

I thought it might be due to some of those categories being empty with no listings yet so I've decided to populate a handful of them, still getting the error. I tried restarting apache, clearing cache, still getting the same error return.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Thats an odd one, never seen that.

I would check your database and see what you have set for category and category slug values. Can you provide a screenshot of your _categories table?

boozhloo2

Thats an odd one, never seen that.

I would check your database and see what you have set for category and category slug values. Can you provide a screenshot of your _categories table?
I've attached a screenshot of it. Upon further inspection of the website, there's a 404 error being returned: <!doctype html>Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

For some weird reason, categories such as Minecraft & Metin2 return a completely blank page without any error returns.

Attachments

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Your category slugs are not correct.

If you look at the slug for Cabal Online its Cabal-Online and this is correct.
Spaces should be replaced with -

Not sure why some are correct and others are not, maybe you pasted from a word processor or something that has spaces that did not get replaced by PHP functions?

Can you manually edit a couple of these slugs? so make Dekaron Online slug Dekaron-Online

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I just tested on the dev list and was not able to reproduce this, all of the spaces became - as expected in the slug field. Very strange, I dont see why this regex woudl fail on your server but will keep digging. Did you type these category names into the admin panel, or "paste" them for another source?

boozhloo2

Your category slugs are not correct.

If you look at the slug for Cabal Online its Cabal-Online and this is correct.
Spaces should be replaced with -

Not sure why some are correct and others are not, maybe you pasted from a word processor or something that has spaces that did not get replaced by PHP functions?

Can you manually edit a couple of these slugs? so make Dekaron Online slug Dekaron-Online
Thanks Mark, this has worked like a charm! The ones that were returning a blank page seem to have been incorrectly registered. Registering new entries seem to be working flawlessly now.