Earning Money anyone?

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
Just wondering, do any of you make any decent revenue off your VL through advertising? Google ads, affiliates, premium accounts, private advertisers etc?

Just set up a new VL and put some google ads on and have earned £0.13 in my first day (the actual launch date is 5th January 2014).

cajkan

I can say around 100-150$/month

But earning money depends on lots of factors:
Google ads - depends on your niche, keywords, visitors, CTR
Premium Accounts - depends on price range, website popularity, call-to-action

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
I don't have any idea about google ads so I just set something up quite simply from ad sense. I guess you mean keywords on your website not in your adsense account somewhere?

How much traffic are you receiving to get that kind of money or does this not factor?

top50servers

I personally got banned from adsense a few years back for being a stupid kid, I charge users to place there advertisement on the toplist.

Pro's:
Set price, you make the cash no matter how much traffic you get. Not dependent on google.
Content, google CAN relate ads to the user rather then your site. (Not a bad thing).
Stats. I use the OUT link on the banners, thus improving my sites appearance as an advertisement spot.

Con's:
You need to have an esablished site, no one pays for no traffic.
Pricing. Google will tend to always pay out the same, self ads are very unreliable and hard to price.

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
Well we opened the website yesterday evening and earned a massive £1.39 in the first day in adsense. I suppose its better than affiliate links as there is no guarantee with them. Just wish there was other ways to monetise the site.

cajkan

Hey Mucka, about adsense - it all depends on where ads are placed, how many ads you have per page, visits, clicks etc....

If you can provide URL for the new website would be better for review.

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
www.tbfmfactor.com - a review would be much appreciated. I put just a couple in. One is on the main site in the footer so is sitewide. The other one is as you go to each client page. As this site is set up not as a top sites website but a voting site for bands, there are quite a few hundred hits per day to the site from unique and repeat visitors. Let me know if you feel I could improve the advertising revenue in any way.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
ads above the fold will perform MUCH better than footer, once of the best tips I ever got about ad placement was "Place your ads close to the content that your users are interested in"

Every site is different, so move ads around every few weeks and see where they perform the best.

more good info: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/1282097?hl=en