Download older paid releases (0.9) last

Mike.Dallas

Hello,

just wish to know why we can not download older releases which we already paid?
For instance, I paid for VisioList 0.9 but I can not download it again.
I need it because I have a new computer, the original script ist gone.

Another issue:

Visiolist is $29.95 for a lifetime license to use and includes 1 year of version updates and access to the screenshot API. If you want access to the screenshot API and latest downloads after that year, then you would need to pay the yearly renewal fee.
Visiolist is $29.95 for a lifetime license
Why is the screenshot API access dependent to a full subscription or yearly renewal fee?
That's not fair.
I was very satisfied with my 0.9 release, but now if I don't wish a renewal, I have no screenshot API access anymore.
That means I lose a very important part of my paid licensed software.

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We sell 1 year access to downloads from the members area. After 1 year if you still need downloads you need an active member area license. This also helps us pay for ongoing development for new versions.

You are free to pay only once and use that version for life.

Screenshot server requires a monthly payment of $125 per month for us, we cannot offer this for life to every customer who pays $29 one time. You are free to build your own screenshot server or use a free alternative if you like.

I feel these terms are extremly fair and reasonable in my opinion. We also make these terms very clear upon purchase.

Mike.Dallas

Okay, but there is no answer why we can not download older versions, for which we paid, without to need to upgrade.
For example a download link in the Member Area. Just like in forums as vBulletin or IP.Board, with the license and download to the paid version.

Also, is there a tutorial to host your own screenshot API?
Don't get me wrong, I like the VisioList and I was very satisfied with the 0.9, because I don't host a big professional Toplist.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I hear you and understand what your saying, but consider this:

1) vbulletin and IP board cost 5-10 times more than visiolist, and is a much higher demand software category, that gives their developers much more time to build extras like members areas with more advanced features.

2) 0.9 is not secure, we want people running our latest version for safety.

3) old versions have bugs.

4) I still believe 29$ is a reasonable fee to download for 1 year and support the project.

5) you are free to backup your own data, it's not our responsibility to keep ancient files for you to download.

No there is no tutorial for building your own screenshot server, we want people to stick with us year after year (it's a small niche) that is why this product is priced so affordable.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
And just to clarify, while the member area holds just the latest release, as Mark mentioned, any licenced member has access to legacy downloads which are stored here in the forum under "Core Downloads".
I know not everyone knows this or checks the forum, just wanted to say :)
This goes back to Alpha 2, the very first offical release, but just licenced users can download these, for obvious reasons. But again, it is not suggested to make use of them.
If you need 0.9, although you should upgrade, you can get it there

cajkan

Even if VL was 500$ i would encourage all intrested people to buy it.
Its simply amazing and worth for the price and you get support - MOST IMPORTANT !

Mike.Dallas

And just to clarify, while the member area holds just the latest release, as Mark mentioned, any licenced member has access to legacy downloads which are stored here in the forum under "Core Downloads".
I know not everyone knows this or checks the forum, just wanted to say :)
This goes back to Alpha 2, the very first offical release, but just licenced users can download these, for obvious reasons. But again, it is not suggested to make use of them.
If you need 0.9, although you should upgrade, you can get it there
Sorry but that's not true.
I sould be a licensed member because I purchased the v. 0.8 but I can not download nothing from there:

VisioList - Community - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

cajkan

Hello Mike,

We all pay for Licence per year, not licence per version.
Ive been using VL for couple of years now, and if its needed i would support their amazing work.