Working On It Credit system

joana16

Currently many top are working with credit system as this allows faster transactions since the user can leave the saved credit.

How it works, the user buys the credits that are available within the site to be used as the user wishes, either by hiring a banner, scheduling a banner, signing a VIP subscription and even participating in more targeted auctions.

I believe that it would be something that would make the system much more complete than it already is and certainly many many renew their licenses and even new hires.

I'm sorry for English, I'm using google translator.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that is something on our todo list for soo long already.

Im finally working on converting our payment system as it needs a lot of changes due certain countries ( mostly EU ) regulations
- paypal IPN instead PDT to support proper notifications of failures, chargebacks etc
- tax options
- auto generated invoices based html layout or something, so you can edit ( as i know each country has a different invoice setup )
- Since you also have to collect name and address of payer, also needs new checks and join fields to support this
- proper logs for admin and users
- And ofcourse CREDITS ( or however you wanna call it, can be edited )

Credits also give the advantage, that you can easier extend your list with new functions requiring payments without having to build your own system for the payment.

So yea, lots to do, but im on it.

joana16

I really believe that it would be an update that everyone would enjoy and it would certainly bring more support period renewals to gain access to this update. Something that would be interesting would also be to add at least one Brazilian payment method because here we do not use much paypal, would recommend the intermediate pagseguro with another option of payments.

It is another suggestion, let's see if more people are interested in the idea and who depending on the number of people, joining each interested and each collaborating with a value, ends up being possible to speed up this type of function.

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I had actually experimented with a credits type system in the past and it worked fairly well even though was just a really rough attempt.

One of the other advantages is credits can be "earned" by hooking into other functions, so for example if the user shares to social media they might earn 50 credits towards premium upgrades etc. Credits could be earned with any number of profile fields being completed too like the addition of RSS feeds, reviews, adding video etc. All good for engagement and creating more content on the list.

joana16

Correct, the possibilities with this change are innumerable which would make the system even more interesting.

I would like to see also a Brazilian payment method using the pagseguro, in brazil we use this method more.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I am starting to plan this out and could use some feedback. Basti had an ambitious plan, but the EU tax laws are so complex I'm not sure I have the energy for it :)

So looking at this with fresh eyes, I'm thinking of starting with something like this:

Paypal IPN for sure, possibly both PDT and IPN.
Payment logs/history for users and admin
Supports any currency paypal offers.
Admin can create packages $x = y credits (something like screenshot below)
Option to display paying members at very top of list.
Option to allow users to bid for very top premium spot.
Promo/Coupon codes

Eventually we will be able to hook into this and offer credits as a reward for things like referrals, filling out profile fields etc. But for now, lets get the ball rolling. Any other requests?credits.jpg

cajkan

I am starting to plan this out and could use some feedback. Basti had an ambitious plan, but the EU tax laws are so complex I'm not sure I have the energy for it :)

So looking at this with fresh eyes, I'm thinking of starting with something like this:

Paypal IPN for sure, possibly both PDT and IPN.
Payment logs/history for users and admin
Supports any currency paypal offers.
Admin can create packages $x = y credits (something like screenshot below)
Option to display paying members at very top of list.
Option to allow users to bid for very top premium spot.
Promo/Coupon codes

Eventually we will be able to hook into this and offer credits as a reward for things like referrals, filling out profile fields etc. But for now, lets get the ball rolling. Any other requests?View attachment 1168
Looks really good, I would love to see multiple payment methods, Stripe, Skrill etc...

Regarding advertisement packages, might be bad because "we force" users to register. While allowing advertisers to advertise freely without any registration might be also good, so it has good and bad thing.

joana16

I very much doubt that anyone will complain just for the fact of registering being that to have a website in the top of any form would have to register.