Contact Form - Beta

toprsps

I have a problem. After i uploaded it and got it to show up in plugins, the install button is gone and I can find any sign of it elsewhere, how can I fix this so it will work?

Thanks

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I have a problem. After i uploaded it and got it to show up in plugins, the install button is gone and I can find any sign of it elsewhere, how can I fix this so it will work?

Thanks
Please see post #3 in this thread, let me know if that solves the mystery for you

sultime

a=sendmessage dont work because its not in the redirect part of the clean url plugin. it detects ? signs and redirect properbly to itss clean url version
Originally this was planned different and we may need to make it like that.

If you add this to htaccess your clean url link work. The other one not, as mentioned above
Code:
RewriteRule ^sendmessage/ index.php?a=sendmessage[L]
add the above under
Code:
################ Beautify dynamic url sets
We somehow need to think about it how we handle this with clean urls without going the procedue and editing that file
Basti thank you but it just redirects me to the index page of my site

cajkan

sultime

When you click on message SEND and if message is empty only redirects into main page...

Dont show message send or any errors - you should fix this, coz customers will not know if message is send or not

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like something is wrong on his list, works perfectly on our test site.

Please open plugins/SendMessage/sendmessage.html
can you confirm, your first line looks like this?
Code:
<form action="{$list_url}/{$url_helper_a}sendmessage{$url_tail}" method="post">
I would guess not, as on your list its not taking in the friendly url like it should. If not, change to that

Also change your header menu item, it has wrong url, need to be http://www.best-list.net/sendmessage/

sultime

It looks like something is wrong on his list, works perfectly on our test site.

Please open plugins/SendMessage/sendmessage.html
can you confirm, your first line looks like this?
Code:
<form action="{$list_url}/{$url_helper_a}sendmessage{$url_tail}" method="post">
I would guess not, as on your list its not taking in the friendly url like it should. If not, change to that

Also change your header menu item, it has wrong url, need to be http://www.best-list.net/sendmessage/
Here are the contents of my file sendmessage.html

<form action="{$list_url}/?a=sendmessage" method="post">
<h1>Contactez-Nous</h1>

<div>
<h3>S'il vous pla&icirc;t utilisez la forme ci-dessous pour entrer en contact avec nous. Nous accueillons vos commentaires du site Web, des questions, etc. Utilisez aussi cette forme pour sugg&eacute;rer une nouvelle cat&eacute;gorie.</h3>
</div>
<hr />
<div>
<label for="senders_name">{$lng->senders_name}</label><br />
<input name="senders_name" type="text" id="senders_name" size="35"/>
</div>

<div>
<label for="senders_email">{$lng->senders_email}</label><br />
<input name="senders_email" type="text" id="senders_email" size="35"/>
</div>

<div>
<label for="senders_message">{$lng->senders_message}</label><br />
<textarea name="senders_message" cols="70px" rows="5" id="senders_message"></textarea>
</div>

<input type="text" name="checked" style="display: none;"/>

<button type="submit">{$lng->sendmessage}</button>

</form>

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, your file is not up to date, redownload the plugin. Look at line 1 , thats how your file has to look and it will work