Cheaters Question

nootkan

License Active
Just have a question on how a member was able to keep placing in the top 5 without a button on his site? I have changed the settings to "in" instead of "pageviews" and browsed his whole site for my button even checking the source code with no luck finding anything. I have since deleted his account but wanted to know if anyone else has seen this before and could give a clue on how it is occurring maybe? I am assuming it's a script somewhere on his site or server but couldn't confirm this.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
He was no doubt loading the button in an iframe or via javascript and keeping it hidden from view. A very common cheat attempt.

nootkan

License Active
Is there a way to reset the hits in as I have a couple with over 1000 and I only just changed it from page previews to hits in yesterday so I have to assume that they were from a previous setting in the past. I've looked in the database but cannot find where it would be.

cajkan

Once he try to cheat he will look for other way to do that. Better send message to that user and tell him to follow the rules, or you need to take action.

nootkan

License Active
Downloaded and installed the Votes Manager plugin and went into admin to set up. I chose the following options: Increase/Decrease Member Votes-->Decrease Hits In-->For All Members-->Number of Votes. I typed in 0 for the number of votes and received an error. Am I missing something? See the screenshot:

cajkan

This means you need to type number how many vote points you want to remove from members.

nootkan

License Active
This means you need to type number how many vote points you want to remove from members
Ahh, okay now I get it. I'll have to do each member manually. Thanks cajkan.