cache button.php

CrazyCoder

yeah would be great, really great to get this : caching the button.php

in order to save small servers, mine was so overfully loaded, i had to remove the dynamic statistic version,
and go back to the simple static button

caching could be a new admin option, and WE should be able to choose the delay : 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours ...

CrazyCoder

most of my members, like this dynamic button, but its killing my ram, lol hihiiii more than 1 GO consumed, and my server is ... 1 GO, hahha

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes stats and rank button are server intensive. Obviously.
Its doing queries to fetch stats and then update the stats also

We have the following queries
1) Grab settings
2) check if valid member to stop leechers
-------------------
Pageviews only
3) check if visitor was counted already
4) if not insert/update ip_log
5) Update pageview stats
--------------------
Rank and stats buttons
6) get last cached rank and cache time
7) If cache older 30 minutes update rank cache
----------------------
stats button
8) grab statistical data

So as you can see rank and stats buttons are extremely intensive. But are somewhat ok, if youdisable pageviews.
3 query for each and every pageload happen on alllll of you members sites can kill quite a few hostings, most likely also happening with you.
Nothing for most shared hostings

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
dynamic buttons couple with pageview counting are going to be intensive no matter how you handle it. Your best option is to use a module known as "memcache", but you need probably need a VPS or dedicated server for that.

if your list is not generating enough money to pay for a good hosting account, then this is a good place to remove stress. Stop offering dynamic buttons until your members result in more income, the other options are very low server usage (this is why).

CrazyCoder

exactly Mark, i got a small vps with 1 GO of RAM, and i cannot add more, so i decided, for my 2008 toplist still running, to get rid of the dynamic button
we'll see in the future, if i earn more.
Despites this old aardwark toplist is PR03, means good traffic, lolll, too much people are blocking ads popup,
they dont even think about me, bringing to them thousandsz and thousands new members, but dats it
people are like they are, hihihiiii

CrazyCoder

i've got memcache running for my c++ trackers, but dont know how to use memcache for VL, anyway, i use the static button and its ok.
lets keep attention and time onto true needs ;)