BUG - Many sites, Same Acc

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, you mean the default banner that is used when users don't provide one? if so, this is the way it works.

If you change the default banner it will not go back and change all of the old sites listed. Only the new ones registered AFTER the admin made the change.

If you have a list where you might want to change all the banners, I could provide a find/replace MySQl query you could run that would handle this for you but I'm not sure we want to change this behavior.

lcssurf

Yes, all right, but in this case, the user is uploading the banner for a given website (since he has more than one website in the same account), but the banner changes only the first website he created in that account, and not the site where he uploads.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, all right, but in this case, the user is uploading the banner for a given website (since he has more than one website in the same account), but the banner changes only the first website he created in that account, and not the site where he uploads.
Did you maybe changed the upload html?
The file user_cp_upload_banner.html normally has a select box to select the site he wants to upload, so if you have 3 websites, you can choose any of them. By the sound of it, he is not changing the select box

This is the code which list the users urls from his account + sub sites and he has to select one of them
Code:
            <select name="site" class="form-control">
                {$user_cp_upload_sites}
            </select>

lcssurf

Hello guys, I was not really selecting the website in the correct field, just previously.
Now I was able to upload correctly. Thank you very much for your support!

I have to start here ^^

Hello everybody.

The problem is, I tried it myself.
One account, two pages entered.
As soon as I upload the banner for the second page, the banner in the first post is overwritten and is no longer the right one.
And yes, I picked the right side.
This has already happened to some of my users.
I haven't changed the upload file.

What should be done?

greeting
Andreas

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I have to start here ^^

Hello everybody.

The problem is, I tried it myself.
One account, two pages entered.
As soon as I upload the banner for the second page, the banner in the first post is overwritten and is no longer the right one.
And yes, I picked the right side.
This has already happened to some of my users.
I haven't changed the upload file.

What should be done?

greeting
Andreas
Very strange, can you test on aatoplist.com and see if the problem is reproducible?

Hello Mark.

Yes it's the same mistake.
I first registered Forum2all.de. Uploaded the banner, it worked too.
Then the second page logged on Toplistenportal.de and uploaded the banner there.
Now there is no banner on the first page Forum2all.de.

Attachments

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I have that fixed already on our 1.9
sources/user_cp/banner.php

We select data from main account in the beginning and use these values instead of the submitted ( possibled sub account ) for old banner/mp4 checks and unlinking old banner. This can result in unlinking of the main account banner/mp4 if you upload banner for a sub account.
Fixed that by introducing a new query in the submit handler to get the banners from the submitted site.
Ill post a hotfix here tomorrow and we soon release 1.9 which includes more issue fixes