Banner size is not enforced.

ryancbarnes

I've noticed that although, the user cant upload a banner that is larger than 468x60, if they use a bannerURL, the site does not enforce the height/width restrictions.

I've also tried to edit table_top_row where it has the IMG code and restrict it's size directly via HTML, but that isnt working.

Are there variables that can be used $img_width/$img_height that can be used in CSS/HTML to enforce this policy dynamically?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm using banner url is not a supported feature of visiolist, that said... it has always worked on Aardvark topsites so not sure why its not working for you now.

there is also variables available for you to use, I think they are $CONF['max_width'] and $CONF['max_height'] but would need to confirm this.

I will check into this closer as time allows.

ryancbarnes

Awesome, thanks Mark. Your timely responses to all my questions give me even further faith that Visiolist is some of the best software out there. Keep up the great work!!!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
on my test list I re-enabled the banner URL... (I still wonder how/why you have this field as it was removed many months ago) and the banner size check still works as expected. If the banner is bigger than the dimensions set in adminCP the join form throws an error.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
That field was i think still in 0.1 or so. ( only in UCP tho ). One or more of the skins in the skins section are properbly based on this early version, hence people will have this field if skin is not updated every version.