Banner php extension help please

blueskydata

License Active
Good day,

Am I able to use php banners.
Like banner.php
My test one is showing under the member profile but not under top sites list.

Thank you
Jenny

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure I know what you mean, could you provide a little more information please?

blueskydata

License Active

ok and here is the image.
This is live data.

So how can I use the .php extension as an image please.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
ahh dynamic banners are not allowed by default, we expect the user to upload the banner to your server rather than loading dynamically like that. you could manually override the banner_url field in the database or create a plugin to disable the file upload and just ask for banner url instead (this is how the script worked for 20 years, but it’s not great).

blueskydata

License Active
Good day,

you could manually override the banner_url field in the database

Sorry but my server tech is not sure what you mean.

create a plugin to disable the file upload and just ask for banner url instead

Sorry my server does not know how to create a plugin.

Could we please have more information/direction regarding dynamic banners and getting them to work.

Thank you
Cheers
Jenny

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
The system is designed to handle banner uploads so banners are stored locally, you would need to modify the script to allow users to only post a URL and to load the banners from their server instead. This is outside the scope of support and you would need to hire a developer to assist with this.

Or since its probable that very few users will use dynamic banners you can also just edit the banner_url in the admin panel -> edit member page, though I realize this is not a great solution.

If I were to add a field to the join form where users could input a dynamic banner URL it would be approximately $35 mod