Analytics: Where are the hit ins coming from?

Hubi

Hey guys,

I have all the time people complaining about people that vote not only by the vote button but also by twitter, Facebook links etc by using the vote url. It is forbidden in my personal terms and conditions of my particular topsite.
But at all it would be a great benefit to have a view on where each hit in comes from which kind of url. This would be very helpful at all for people to identify if votes are paid, real or spam.

Thanks in advance for taking action.
Best,
Hubertus

top50servers

Use something like Google Analytics. cPanel Analytics or any number of other paid services.

This is a huge amount of information to track which you would have to warn EVERY user about that you are doing.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm problem is this too can be easily cheated...

for example: add a link on a forum/facebook/twitter etc to yoursite.com/woot.php

then in woot.php you have a redirect to the vote URL.

Vote still comes from a 3rd party website, comes quickly through your domain, and automatically redirects to the vote URL... vote appears to have come from your site but is still not legit.

So that logging isnt really effective. Any other ideas? or am I missing something?

cajkan

You can use google analytics, or http://statcounter.com/ ( statcounter is free for daily limited time, but if you pay you will get more logs )
Google adsense users recommend statcounter so you should give a try