adf.ly integration - monetize your out clicks

Shawn Hagan

if this actually pays $4 per 1000 visitors.. im interested. this service itself would pay for the mod. so hit me up if your willing to code the mod for me in that price range ( prob need installation help)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
HI Shawn that is no problem. I am a bit busy for the next few days but in the mean time perhaps a few other users would like to share the cost on this? that way everybody kicks in $5-10? any other takers?

Shawn Hagan

mark u should put up a escrow for donation to plugins. like a cool section for a mod request, then a accept the work by whoever for whatever cost with a escrow system so we can all pitch in or a single buyer could buy a mod if thats was what they wanted. so in your case you are willing to do it for the whole. when the escrow meets your goal.. you can do the work and release with a timeline. its a bit more advanced, but a developer friend of mine runs out of a site called Guru.com and they have a system like that. navigation is not for the novice, but the idea is cool.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
alright, so far we have 2 users willing to pitch in to make this happen, any others?

And Shawn regarding the escrow, there are a few options on this front to consider. escrow is fine for bigger projects but I dont like the fees involved for these smaller ones. I like the idea of a "bounty" system, I just wonder how best to handle new users who want the mod... and the old users who paid it. I will start a new thread about this in the near future to avoid taking this topic way off course :) As a community I am sure we can come up with something that works well for everyone.

Shawn Hagan

well another option is for you to make paid for plugins, if we want them we pay a nominal fee rather than a full development fee and you hope more will want it. kind of like this mod here. im sure if you had a members only area for plug in we will all be happy to pay like $5 for a fully supported plugin.. vs some people migh tnot be willing to pay 25. and even though others havent stepped up saying they would buy it, im sure if they saw a demo site with the plugin and of course the plugin in area will surely sell them on it or future plugins. or a alternative way of thinking could be charge me for the project, ask me if i mind it being sold to others, and offer a kickback of my development cost if others buy it. after. lots of different ways you could this. but probably thebest way is to charge for the plugins outside of the core in very small values.

Bart

I also agree, I'm not saying that it's not worth $25 but i personally would not want to pay $25 now for it and then later on it be available free of charge to others.

I suggest you make a Plugin Shop, and sell plugins for like $5 each or something depending on the plugin the more plugins you offer the more popular the software will become, and each week add like 1 or 2 plugins to the plugin shop.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest I hate ADF.ly it is so annoying when you are browsing the website and instead of seeing the website you desire, you getting adf.ly. In my opinion its just pissing off potential new users.
I agree, but that is why this is an optional plugin and not a core feature

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
this plugin might work out together with the exit page plugin with 1 small change
http://visiolist.com/community/threads/exit-page.742/

1)install that plugin, there a out is counted once you hit the /forward/username
then there happens another redirect where you can place your add.ly code before
2) forward.php of that plugin
Code:
        $TMPL['content'] .= "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"3;url={$TMPL['url']}\" />";
to
Code:
        $TMPL['content'] .= "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"3;url=http://adf.ly/123456/{$TMPL['url']}\" />";

If that actually works, we could merge these 2 plugins

cajkan

Personally i dont like this feature, maybe you will earn something but visitors will be annoyed and i would like to reffer this video to all VL users and webmasters:

" Long term loyalty to users, more trust. "