Add extra join-elements?

Anna

I have been looking for the possibility to add extra elements on the join form, say Town, interests etc. I can do it allready cant I? If yes, will this be data for just me as admin or can it be seen at memberstats too for everyone? have I dreamt it?

cajkan

With Visiolist everything is posible. ;)

Admin panel ---> Tools ---> Manage Join Fields

You can customize field types, and be careful with required field, since is extra info... its not much important.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes cajkan is right.
But this stuff is not intended to be a "for admin only". If you dont paste the tmpl tags in the html to display the info ( e.g table_top_row.html ), no visitor will see the info, but the user itself can still see it in edit account

Anna

Yes cajkan is right.
But this stuff is not intended to be a "for admin only". If you dont paste the tmpl tags in the html to display the info ( e.g table_top_row.html ), no visitor will see the info, but the user itself can still see it in edit account
Now you are talking g(r)eek again :D - how do I choose/find the tmpl tags?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
{$powered_by} is an example of a TMPL tag, anything that looks like this is and is used in "templates" is a template tag.

Anna

So much I figured! :) But what IS the tag when you creating the new element and field? The field ID with brackets around?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
exactly, when you visit your admin join fields page, you see your different elements in a white box each, it tells you the template tag you need to paste