Add Banner Issue

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
Hi,

There is a problem with Add Banner option under -->Tools --> Manage Banners

Error:
Code:
Fatal error: Database error in "/homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/l2/sources/admin/add_banner.php" on line 59

Table 'db398533176.VL_osbanners' doesn't exist in /homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/l2/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 88
Basicly there is no table ['sql_prefix']}_osbanners in SQL database. It needs to be added manualy and in the next release it should be added to the mysql.php I think.

Same issue with Manage Banners
Error:
Code:
Fatal error: Database error in "/homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/l2/sources/admin/manage_banners.php" on line 107

Unknown column 'views' in 'field list' in /homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/l2/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 88
Below you will find sql file I used to add it to my database.
Code:
CREATE TABLE `VL_osbanners` (
  `id` longtext character set latin1 collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,
  `code` longtext character set latin1 collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,
  `name` longtext character set latin1 collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,
  `display_zone` longtext character set latin1 collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,
  `active` longtext character set latin1 collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,
  `views` longtext character set latin1 collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,
  `max_views` mediumtext character set latin1 collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_german2_ci;
Now you just need to place proper one shrtcut of the zone in desire by you place in wrraper.html or where ever you want it.
Code:
{$zone_a}
{$zone_b}
{$zone_c}
{$zone_d}
I hope there is nothing else to add to make this work.

Morus

Something more is missing cause even placing zone let say {$zone_b} shortcut into wrapper.html it is not showing the banner. I added the banner for zone b. Also is not giving automaticly ID for each added banner so when you want to delete it there is an error showing
Code:
Fatal error: Database error in "/homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/l2/sources/admin/manage_banners.php" on line 68

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 in /homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/l2/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 88

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
http://visiolist.com/community/threads/banners-problem.242/

Looks like it havent installed on your board after uploading the plugin. If you encounter errors like yours its most times that issue. If a mod requires installation, it has a install file. If you upload through plugin manager, it installs itself. If you upload through ftp, you have to click the install icon.

EDIT:: Ah i see what happened here. Ads plugins was by default included in 0.5, then removed from 0.6, but core code remained ( the link in admin menu for example ), which shoould not be.

Nothing happens for you because you miss some main files, which are handled through the ads plugin files ( including the install ).

Thiis is not good, it goes on, off, but code remains. Final decision comes with 0.7 to keep it included, or remove code from core and put it completely into plugin ( its mixed currently ). Promise

First delete the table you create, then upload the ads plugins through plugin manager and you should be good to go

Attachments

Morus

There is no such a plugin in my plugin directory. Its already in core of 0.6 release. and where is the plugin actualy on forum?

Morus

see below the error I have after following your steps. Also after uploading ads plugin through plugin manager i dont see it there onthe list.

Code:
Warning: include(plugins/Ads/languages/english.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/l2/index.php on line 136

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'plugins/Ads/languages/english.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/l2/index.php on line 136

Fatal error: Database error in "/homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/l2/sources/admin/manage_banners.php" on line 107

Table 'db398533176.VL_osbanners' doesn't exist in /homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/l2/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 88

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Did you downloaded the zip i included in my post? still has 0 views.

Does your server allow the uploading? plugin manager at the top, the info must be green
From the look of your error it doesnt. As that indicate, it wasnt uploaded.

You can also create a "Ads" folder inside your plugins folder on ftp, and upload the contents on the zip i included there, then at plugins -> click install beside the name

Morus

i have it uploaded in plugin folder. plugin manager is working fine as I've done it for twitter, facebook and other plugins. the zip folder you posted doesnt have english.php in languages folder at least on uploaded file. In original I can see english and german.

Morus

ok, all files haven't been uploaded by plugin manager. Now is ok

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Then something went wrong with your upload.

We have it installed as well, and it works fine.
If you dont mind pm me site url, admin login and ill have a quick look. Ftp maybe also so i can check what gets uploaded through plugin manager

EDIT:: Ah ok, thats good :)
For 0.7 the issue will be solved, properbly move completly into plugin and release it. Would require the new zip to be uploaded by the manager, or to replace files on ftp. No delete tho will be needed, so you dont loose your settings