Vote Message

just noticed I was not getting the message after upgrading to 0.7. Reuploaded the plugin. Now I get

Warning: include(plugins/languages/languages/english.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.com/htdocs/index.php on line 143

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'plugins/languages/languages/english.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.com/htdocs/index.php on line 143

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/virtual/mydomain.com/htdocs/index.php:143) in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.com/htdocs/sources/misc/skin.php(517) : eval()'d code on line 3

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
plugins/languages/languages/english.php - is the problem, for some reason when PHP zip extracts the sub directories a second language folder is being created.. I have seen this reported once before, very odd. You can deleted the plugin and reinstall and it should work fine. Or you can login via FTP and fix the path manually.

Hostpro

VisioList Humanization Project
How do I edit the html of this plugin, the way you organize and call the html is very confusing.

Reactions: r87

Hostpro

Never mind, found it. It's a completely separate file. Whenever I code php I always include the html within that same php file so there is no need for excessive files. I can't even find the header file nor is it in the admin settings to change it?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
following the MVC standards HTML and PHP are separated with HTML in a "template". VisioList has followed the template system from Aardvark topsites where the header and footer are located in the "wrapper" template, this is also explained in the manual.

KaitoX

Another simple quick plugin without all the fluff. Total install time was all of about 2 minutes from the time I hit download till the time I had a successful test.

Bart

Suggestion for the vote mod:
Once user gets to gateway page if they click "Vote" it could do an AJAX refresh with "Vote Successful" and then redirect them to the main page or if they have voted already they could be just redirect instantly to the main page with their vote counting in the "Total In" instead of "Unique In"

I personally like the gateway for voting, maybe just because you actually get to press a button :p

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Doing ajax stuff for this means to much unneeded overhead. Basicly what you suggest here is an entirely different plugin. The way it function is not compareable to this

Bart

Yeah i agree, it's a completely new mod, i think what i posted was what the guy below had in mind, just giving a better explanation :)

It is really nice plugin I was missing that for my website :)
But any chance to make that text apear on gateway.html not onmain website? I tried to place the {$votemessage} in gateway.html but doesn't seem to work.

Hostpro

I followed as instructed and made a directory called "VoteMessage" in my plugins folder and uploaded the contents of the zip there. I also added the {$vote_message} just below my logo and I get this error when trying to access my site now:

Fatal error: Database error in "/home/forumtop/public_html/sources/misc/skin.php(516) : eval()'d code" on line 60

Unknown column 'message' in 'field list' in /home/forumtop/public_html/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
If you use this plugin and updated to VisioList 0.9 it is required to reupload this plugin ( dont delete, just reupload ). This is because of the change on the statistics page.

Alternatively you can just replace info.php and update vote_message.html and vote_message_fail.html and update stats links to point to details instead of stats

proxydesign

Visiolist-Fan
Can you please get this plugin working with the new version of Visiolist? Get a white, blank screen after voting while added {$vote_message} in wrapper.html.

NEW: The whole site is blank/white when the plugin is enabled