VisioList full release HTML5 & CSS3

CrazyCoder

Hi dudes :)

I like very much this new project, heheee lol, so,
As i get time and desire to help,
I wish to code a full release HTML5 & CSS3 of VisioList.

I already offered my help for the French Language translation, just waiting after Mark,
To accept my help and send me the file to translate,
But i wish to do much more, so : let's go !!!

Convert VisioList onto Full HTML5 &CSS3 !!!!!! OK ???!!!!

I can do it, just a question of time and, woooooo to get the files , hihihiii,
but even if i dont get the file right now,
i just gonna start this HTML5 conversion tomorrow, looking at the source :))))

I already own a Aardvark Toplist running for years, so i know the system.

I will come back within a week, to show you HTML5 wrapper, and maybe much more files ...

See you, and again congrats !!!

We were waiting for THIS for a very very long time :))))

PS : of course we need a mobile version, lol .... for those iphone addicts :)

CrazyCoder

some others ideas : is visio full UTF8 ? if not, i can do it :)

my own Tracker i coded by myself is UTF8, uses jquery, full of jquery in fact, hihihi,
And some Css3 ., can be found and tested here : hipxsite.net

a style switcher, more than dat a theme changer system for Visitors and users,
Would be great, i havent seen if you already done this.

my actual toplist : tip-top-torrents.net - plz be cool, i am redrawing my themes :)))))

and my coder help forum here : top-underground.net/sos-code-alamandra.net
i can open a VisioList Section and start to work and post over there or HERE, as you want :)

I am used to help on many Trackers sites to correct their bugs and create mods.

But NOW !!!! i would like to use my time to help on THIS VisioList, i just felt in love with, hihihihiii

Seee You ...

woo by the way, Mark, you should improve your mail function,
your emails are still seen as Spams by GMAIL and for sure by many others FAI,
so i could help you and improve your mail function.
Just a few headers .... :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
VisioList already uses serveral CSS3 functions, HTML5 skin was planed for mid 2012 release but of course any users can contribute HTML5 skins :)

I don't believe VL is full UTF8 yet, though if I am not mistaken its just an edit to wrapper.html and ensuring the language file being included is UTF-8. The multi language system is about to get an overhaul though as we move the definitions into the database, and build a language datastore cache file.

What is the source of the mail beign sent to your Gmail spam folder? Visiolist forum notifications? SWreg orders? or some other place?

UPDATE: I just tested both VisioList forum notification, visiolist mail list, and swreg order notification with Gmail and none went to spam folder. hmm not sure where else you would be getting email from, those are the only sources I can think of and all seem to work fine.

CrazyCoder

hehe hi Mark !!!

thanks for taking time to answer to me :))))

About UTF8, several stuff have to be done when connecting to the DB, and of course all files must be,
Encode in UTF-8 without BOM and its better to start each php file with :
PHP:
<?php
header('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8');
you can have look at my own Tracker, i spent thousands of hours on it, hihiiiii : hipxsite.net,
Its a very original site, based on an original idea from pixelcloth.
its all UTF-8 and uses many jquery stuff :)

about email seen as spam, if i remember well, its was when i registered as an affiliate,
i gonna retest all the system for you, i got plenty of time as a tester :)))

look here : its my original toplist based on aawark : tip-top-torrents.net
look HERE : its my conversion to html5 & css3 : tip-top-torrents.net/html5css3_phase3.html
i just started today, hihihiiiii

i decided to use an iframe for the main part of the site,
to save upload server charge, its just a way of doin,
so, well, i will continue on this : html5css3_phase3.html

AND according to your system, wrapper, top_wrapper, join_edit, user_cpl, .... i will convert all files,
the same way.

The actual point am hurt on, is adding a theme changer as on my site : hipxsite.net.

just a form pointing to a theme-changer.php, using sesssions or cookies,
i dont know yet.

In fact on my tracker ,
i worked on a much more easyer php coding way to be updated and changed.

But its ok, i am following your structure of files, as it is as it is,
And i do believe i will succeed on converting everything.

See you man !

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
ahh the affiliate page could very well be the problem, thanks I'll update that :)

I have built a cookie based theme changer in the past, I will see if I can dig up the code for it this week and post it for you. Was only a few lines of code if I recall correct.

CrazyCoder

yeah this should not be a very big deal, but i got no time to finish it right now :)))
i just did a css java switcher.
i wish a full theme or template changer, very nice for visitors, and also to build new theme or template,
when you do not get much space on FTP as me , up to work and create new stuff :)

so i cannot install many different sites, as tests sites.

well, gonna leave my new header as it is and start on site content : a content + a side bar, html5.

lets see how to integrate those sections, article, asides .... :))) and fit to your files, wrapper, table_wrapper, ....
to push outside those tables, tr, td, br, .... heheeee

as i told you above, i choosed to create a fix header, so it will not reload at anytime,
during visitors stay, and i place all the rest, the site content, onto an iframe.

i will also use as many ajax as i can, by example, we do not need to load a new page for contact form.
we can just show one using ajax, in fact i already done one with full fields controls options.
just coding this way, to save a maximum server bandwitch.

the same once on a site statistics page, we can vote and add comments using ajax,
so not reload this page, and one more time save server bandwitch.
Its a kind of obcession, ... to save and protect the server, hihihiiiii

when i'll be done, IF i do really succeed to convert all,
i will give it to you, you'll decide to keep using an iframe or not, for the site content,
as some people are against iframes, i dont know why, but somes are.

about UTF8, ... this is a question of ... depeche mode !!! Oops, ... of TIME !
to re encode all files as utf-8 without bom.
lol & lol & rock & roll

See you ... Mummy gonna destroy my pc ... arrrgghhhhhhhh help !!!! (^_^)

PS : THIS Forum is pretty cool, is it possible to add it to the VisioList ?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
when you do not get much space on FTP as me , up to work and create new stuff :)

so i cannot install many different sites, as tests sites.
You might look into setting up a localhost using wamp server, very nice for testing than using a remote server.

lets see how to integrate those sections, article, asides .... :))) and fit to your files, wrapper, table_wrapper, ....
to push outside those tables, tr, td, br, .... heheeee
well in the case of the lower ranked sites, that is technically "tabulated" data and using tables is perfectly appropriate in that case, we're not using them for layout like back in the 1990's :)

as i told you above, i choosed to create a fix header, so it will not reload at anytime,
during visitors stay, and i place all the rest, the site content, onto an iframe.
this is probably not a very good approach, this is really bad for SEO, bookmarking, and user accessibility. There is a place for iframes (ie embedding video or media from 3rd party websites) but I dont think this is it.

i will also use as many ajax as i can, by example, we do not need to load a new page for contact form.
we can just show one using ajax, in fact i already done one with full fields controls options.
just coding this way, to save a maximum server bandwitch.

the same once on a site statistics page, we can vote and add comments using ajax,
so not reload this page, and one more time save server bandwitch.
Its a kind of obcession, ... to save and protect the server, hihihiiiii
VisioList already has some ready to use classes that make this VERY easy, infact no further coding is required, just add a div with a class around it. Though we have not really made much use of it yet other than the login box at the top of the page. This could be used the same way to handle contact form, rate form, or any other content.

about UTF8, ... this is a question of ... depeche mode !!! Oops, ... of TIME !
to re encode all files as utf-8 without bom.
I still need to understand better what is involved in this, if its just add the header() you posted earlier to every php file, that is something I can do in a couple of seconds. But i think there is more too it than that.

PS : THIS Forum is pretty cool, is it possible to add it to the VisioList ?
in the future (who knows when) I will be releasing wordpress, joomla, drupal, vbulletin, phpbb, and xenforo bridges for VisioList. but these are so far away they are not even on my todo list yet ;)

CrazyCoder

ok great done, i did not knew about the system very well, about use of ajax, just make some declarations,
this come to my approach of light server ressources use, yes yes !!!!!!!!

look, finally i did not slept, and almost finished the first implementation of html5 :
have a look here : http://tip-top-torrents.net/html5css3_phase6.html

still based on the great stuff coming from : http://www.html5-css3.fr
the guy is a french young teatcher, he did a perfect template, and thought about so much stuff !!!

complete seo integration .... Oops i do not even know whats for ... SEO, hihihihiiiiii

screen reader system balise integrated, mobile template already done !!!
just need to adpat to visio, of course, jquery , yeaaaahhhh OUR so so useful buddy, this jquery,
the best coder friend, nope ? one of those at least.

about CSS3, i am testing many effects, there is a huge amount of examples,
its exiting to run my imagination on future new templates , wouuuu wouuuuu

believe me i get 10 good ideas an hour, time ... is the eternal obstacle, arrrrfffffffffffffff

So, html5 & css3 are on a good way, on my side :)

just need to improve my designer skills, but its another story ...

about UTF-8, yeahh its very simple :

1) re encode all of the files as UTF-8 without bom, ALL !!! js, html, css, php, ......
2) add the
PHP:
header('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8');
to all PHP files.
3) modify your DB connection function like this : i give an example of my code :
Code:
//function_exists("mysql_connect") or die("MySQL support not available.");
        if (!function_exists("mysql_connect"))
        die("MySQL support not available.");

@mysql_connect($mysql_host, $mysql_user, $mysql_pass) or die('DATABASE: mysql_connect: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_query("SET NAMES UTF8");
@mysql_select_db($mysql_db) or die('DATABASE: mysql_select_db: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_set_charset("utf8");
unset($mysql_pass);
4) use your phpadmin to change the DB charset,
MySQL database from the latin1 charset to UTF8 charset, its a simple :)
there must be an option to directly convert the charset from phpadmin.

in addtion, change interclassemnt of all tables from latin1 to utf8_general_ci BUT !!!!
You may discover utf8_bin could be better for a few reasons

5) some particular scripts could need a few more stuff, as an example an ajax shoutbox conversion
i did in the past, the one created by one of the better coder, my buddy Striker , coder of the unforgetable tracker : InfiernoADVitam .... sniffff sniffffff
JUST in CASE u use some fput functions, writing files on FTP, look at this example :

Code:
$fichier=file_get_contents('./options.inc.php');
            $fichier=str_replace('$mode_voice=0;','$mode_voice=1;',$fichier);

$fp=fopen('./options.inc.php','w+');
            fputs($fp,utf8_encode($fichier));

// fputs($fp,$fichier);
            fclose($fp);
i directly write to FTP files in UTF-8, so no needs to use utf8_decode after :)

about writing to DB, i dont remember a particular way to write to tables,
when they will be already accepting utf-8.

gonna look in deeper to my tracker files, if i find something else to do.

You can go and test my 2 shoutbox overthere :

LISA shoutbox write on FTP files, so its not so much interresting,
BUT JPAL shoutbox wrtite to DB,
just type in accentued caracters, you will see they go to DB and come back perfectly :)

read this article : http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Converting_your_MySQL_database_to_UTF8

CrazyCoder

did you notice the jquery styff overthere ? please take 10 minutes of your precious time, and visit it,
i would like if you appreciate all the stuff i did, JQUERY !!!!! mamamiaaaaa its a miracle , isnt it ? :)))))))

CrazyCoder

about SEO, i dont understand well, you said :
this is really bad for SEO, bookmarking, and user accessibility.
why is this bad ? the header will load many times, and send and send meta tags thousands times a day,
its just the delay the user is visiting, IF THE USER jsut wanna save time,
he can click on the content of the site, wich is the iframe, and just reload the content,
or click on a link

IF the user click on header, or footer, than the all page, of course, will reload :)

I must try to get this SEO stuff .... later.

About THIS Forum, so nice, in fact i very much like IPB for a long time,
BUT this one, i dont know, i just felt in love with it , hihihiiiiiiii, is it expensive ?
I just thought adding a button to link to it, NOT to integrate it, wooo woooo we get enough stuff
and not enough hours in a single day.

About "tabulated" data jquery does it, listing DB tables, but i not yet used this,
gonna try it :)))))

i conclude talking about winamp, dammed, i never really got it runs, on my pc,
i may be too lazy or idiot, or my pc is too old, poor baby, its closed celabrating his 8 years old, oufff ouffffff :)

SO, i shut up mu f.... mouth, people all the time tell me,
i talk too much .... sorry, i quit and GO TO BED !!!!!!!!
am dead ...

Sending you good vibes ... ;)

CrazyCoder

i forgot to answer about AJAX !!!!!!
am addicted to it, hihiii i built my own script, based on the wonderful tiny ajax routine :)
i would be interrested in testing yours :)
but, FIRST, let me HELP and prove what i can do, if its a quality work :)
bye ..... beginning to fall asleep on the keyboard, keys are printing my face , hihihhiiiiiiiiiii

CrazyCoder

good evening dudes :)))

UTF-8 done on my test page :)))))
so , just

http://tip-top-torrents.net/html5css3_phase6.html

i just re encoded this html page + my iframe_content01.html + the css files
as i dont already use js files, i will convert them later and add them :)

haaaa i also modified those charset, of course :

HTML:
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

TESTING with success those <header> <figure> <section> <article> <aside> .... <footer> <nav> ...

yepaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, right now, COFFEE TIME !!!
and following on French translations,
see u