Also i belive this part is important too:
Admin -> Settings -> URL to the VisioList directory

toplist.com/ vs toplist.com
www.toplist.com/ vs www.toplist.com
This also plays big part in Google

This is set to www.topsite-list.com

admin -> Content -> Manage menus -> Edit Menu -> Select Header

edit your URL path as needed.

It is here that the software is adding a forward slash, as soon as you get past the url http://wwwtopsite-list.com/?/ it puts the slash in not me and you can not delete it, the other menu link is the same .com/join/ but it works ok like that.

I have put a temporary link underneath menu so that users can access their cpanel but would like menu link sorted.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I am unable to reproduce this on my 0.9 install, as long as clean URL's are disabled the trailing slash is not added.

Feel free to open a private discussion with me including your admin password and I will investigate further.

donald22

hmm disabling clean url's solves the issue but I don't want to disable that as all my url's are already indexed that way

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
By default vl has clean urls disabled, once you enable clean urls, the menu manager reflect those changes already, BUT you have to click save once on each menu item, as told in the description text in admin settings.
If you deleted the user cp menu item, just add a new menu item. There you already have the default vl top menu links. Click em once and you have the proper rurl in the input box. Then click save