Upgrading to 1.1

benhalkum

Hey guys! I had this same problem upgrading from 0.9 to 1.0 but I fixed it. Since then though I've upgraded to Windows 8 and it seems like I can't get it to fix itself. Before I think I loaded the page on IE in compatibility mode and it worked.

Anyway, to explain my problem. I go to update and the update button is missing.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm sounds like an odd one.

Try simply going to /install/update.php?upgrade=1

benhalkum

Well this is interesting. In chrome I get the visiolist header and nothing else. In IE, I get the header and the progress bar. In Firefox I just get the header. Now THAT'S weird.

benhalkum

Oh forgot I had compatibility mode set for that site on IE. Now with it off, it's just showing the header like the other two.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
very odd indeed, I know it has been tested to death with Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

Can you post a URL where I can this in action?

benhalkum

http://www.addictedtowrestling.com/topsites

I'm seriously scratching my head with this one. I even whacked it out of anger and my people were sad to see it go. So I felt bad and reinstalled it and set it up again and restored the database. If you go to just update.php you get all green lights, the progress bar and the header..just no next button. You go to the link you told me to go to all you get is the header.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Something is wrong with your installation, looks like your settings_sql.php is empty.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
If your settings_sql.php has your DB content present, feel free to send me FTP login in a private conversation and I'll get it sorted out for you in a couple minutes.

benhalkum

:confused: How in the.... Okay when you answered me, I had just got done re-installing 1.0. It worked. I uploaded the files from the 1.1 folder to try what you suggested. I bet you I overwrote the settings_sql.php with the blank one in the fresh install. Is there any way to fix that?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Just restore your settings_sql.php from the backup you took before starting the upgrade.

You should also use the upgrade bundle rather than the fresh install bundle, it prevents these types of accidents :)

lastly, you can manually populate settings_sql.php with your database info

<?php
$CONF['sql'] = 'mysql';
$CONF['sql_host'] = 'localhost';
$CONF['sql_database'] = 'your_dbname';
$CONF['sql_username'] = 'your_dbuser';
$CONF['sql_password'] = 'your_dbpass';
$CONF['sql_prefix'] = 'VL';
?>

benhalkum

Thanks I'll keep that in mind :) Now I'm getting the header, the progress bar, the green lights and SQL errors :confused: but only if I go to update.php. If I go to the link you sent me to I get the SQL errors and the header.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ATWBoss'@'72.167.131.40' (using password: YES) in /home/content/s/w/a/swafed/html/other_sites/addictedtowrestling/topsites/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 32

means your mysql credentials are wrong.

benhalkum

Yay it's working! Thank you! I will always check this post before updating to remind myself to grab that update bundle.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
you have a plugin out of date, update your plugins and you should be all set.