Upgrade to 1.0 Errors

dotpeddler

I just finished upgrading from 0.9 to 1.0 using the "preferred" method of upgrading.

On the admin panel, settings, I am getting the following errors:

Notice: Undefined index: a_s_smtp_host in /home/cfans/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php on line 610

Notice: Undefined index: a_s_smtp_user in /home/cfans/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php on line 613

Notice: Undefined index: a_s_smtp_password in /home/cfans/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php on line 616

Notice: Undefined index: a_s_smtp_port in /home/cfans/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php on line 619

Also, from the front end, when you select the stats details for a listing, you get this:

Fatal error: Class 'stats' not found in /home/cfans/public_html/sources/details.php(179) : eval()'d code on line 1

I haven't tested the rest of the script out but I'm pretty discouraged in finding these errors. Upgrading should be pretty simple.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Your first admin errors happening because your server dont allow writing to languages/english.php
Yes upgrading is easy, but instead of complaining you should make sure your server has all the requirements and not blame it on us... besides, nothing is bug free, no online script, never when new features are introduced...
These notices simply mean you are missing some language phrases.
So either make sure your language folder is writable, like in the requirements and then reimport english.php in admin , or copy languages/import/english.php to /languages/ for an up to date version.

The second error is happening because the overall stats plugin. Using VL update method 2 you dont have anymore backwards compability ( from when we changed from /stats to /details. stats.php is gone now, so some plugins produce such errors now )
Fix is simple enough. go to plugins/OverallStats/ and delete stats_build_overall_page.php

If you happen to come across a similar error ( class stats not found ), then another plugin has that same issue. Simply going into the plugin and looking for a php file starting with "stats_" and deleting it will fix it

Some older Vl users unfortunatly will have this error due to the already mentioned change in an earlier version