Twitter

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Please follow the instructions carefully and let me know how you get on.

VERSION 1.3#

Step 1) go to admin->plugins and DELETE the current twitter plugin

Step 2) download the file below and upload it through admin->plugins

Step 3) https://dev.twitter.com/apps - Create a new application with twitter (Required)

Step 4) From your VisioList admin panel, navigate to settings, Twitter Settings

Step 5) paste your Twitter username, twitter consumer key, consumer secret, OAUTH token and OAUTH secret as provided at your twitter app page.

Step 6) Ensure your apps "Access level" is set to "read and write". This can be set under the "settings" tab at https://dev.twitter.com/apps .

Updates
28.01.2013 - Fixed issue with "posted by" on twitter.

Attachments

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Plugin Updated.
On webservers running with php´s OAuth extension this plugin cause an error at least when approving members.

Reupload zip is only required if you experience such an error.

cajkan

Thanks for update

ive used old version was working like charm

but anyways i`ll add this one too

Thanks Basti !

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
for some reason twitter is not announcing any new members that joined to my listing. I deleted the old one version and replaced with the new, but still the same.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Not working on both methods? auto approve members and approve members
Checked for no empty spaces before and after the different twitter inputs?
Is it enabled?

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
not working for both methods. It is enabled as I installed it again and added all the details (no empty spaces)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, mark just messaged me that the demo has the same issues. Guess the OAuth updated

Kelly Ling

I was able to get this plugin installed and working first time out. YAY! However, I have a question. When I submitted a tweet, it said from @visiolist on the tweet. Is there a way to change this so it shows my twitter account? That would make more sense.

Thanks!

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ah good catch, open twitter_layout.html of the plugin

in there you see data-via="visiolist"
The visiolist you replace with {$twitter_username}

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
If you use this plugin and updated to VisioList 0.9 it is required to reupload this plugin ( dont delete, just reupload ). This is because of the change on the statistics page.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Version is actually 1.1 , will update post #1. We've set higher version to test plugin check feature and havent turned it back

dario85

MCraftCore,MCraftCourse & MCraftSpleef Owner
Added. No Issues. But then on testing the twitter feature on the stats page did not update to show 1 tweet was made.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
No issues with that on test site, what are your twitter settings? tweet members stats page or member url?