Twitter [DEPRECATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
A new twitter plugin can be found below. This first post will be updated soon with detailed setup and usage instructions.

This plugin integrates your topsite with your twitter account.

This first version includes the following features:

1) when a new member joins (or is approved through admin) a "tweet" is automatically posted to your twitter account with a link to your members profile page on your topsite OR with a link direct to your members website URL.

2) optionally adds a "tweet" button to your members stats page

all configurable through the admin panel.

Updates
02.05.2011 - added language file abstraction and installer check.
16.12.2011 - Tweet button is now added to the social block on the stats page.

Languages
- English, German

Attachments

Karl

I think there may be an issue with the twitter plugin on my site that caused the error I mentioned in this post http://visiolist.com/community/threads/new-members-bypassing-approval.55/ I have since tried to update the twitter setting and got this Fatal error:
Database error in "/home/xxxxxx/domains/xxxxxx.com/public_html/topsite/sources/admin/twitter.php" on line 149
Unknown column 'twitter_join' in 'field list' in /home/xxxxxx/domains/xxxxxx.com/public_html/topsite/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 88

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
looks like the plugin installer was not run, can you try deleting the twitter plugin and re-uploading it? That should get rid of the database error.

Karl

I have this set to post a link to the members stats/profile page but it has posted the members url instead is this easy enough to remedy

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I have updated the original post with a new version, this one includes english.php and a check of the database before installing.

Boardhopper

I get this error in the admin panel when approving a newlyregistered site.

Warning: curl_setopt(): 90 is not a valid cURL handle resource in plugins/Twitter/openinviter_base.inc.php on line 292

Karl

Im not sure what the problem could be but the submitted sites are not showing on my twitter profile. the username and password is correct. and the New sites advertised on your twitter profile is set to yes.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that feature is currently broken, because twitter dont seem to support the coding method anymore. In the new year it will be recoded using twitters api method

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the primary release of the new and improved twitter mod. If you had the old twitter mod installed be sure and navigate to admin->plugins and delete the old twitter plugin before uploading this one.

If you have any troubles let me know, I only did some basic tests on this but it seems to be working great on the demo list.

Step 1) Install Twitter Plugin through admin panels plugin manager

Step 2) https://dev.twitter.com/apps - Create a new application with twitter (Required)

Step 3) From your VisioList admin panel, navigate to settings, Twitter Settings

Step 4) paste your Twitter username, twitter consumer key and consumer secret as provided at your twitter app page.

Step 5) Ensure your apps "Access level" is set to "read and write". This can be set under the "settings" tab at https://dev.twitter.com/apps .

if you have trouble installing because of conflicts from the old twitter plugin, you can manually remove these fields from the VL_settings table:
twitter_join,
twitter_username,
twitter_password,
tweet_share,
tweet_url

Attachments

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry everyone, Twitter mod seems to be broken, it was working perfect yesterday but today without any changes no dice.

Working to resolve.

Try this one:

Attachments

Karl

I have updated to the latest files, the auto post is still not working unless I have done something wrong in creating the twitter app the rest of it seems to work okay though.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Noticed this as well. On demo it works as expected, maybe mark forgot to mention a setting on the twitter api page?
Mark? :D

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
nah its my fault, while testing I connect my twitter account to VisioList but the connection is only through a _session (temporary) so it stops working shortly after. This is why it works perfect during testing, then the next day it fails or it fails for all other users. I need to figure out how to make a permanent link to the oauth. I'll be working on this over the weekend, thanks for your patience :)

Karl

Thanks Mark got this to work on on site but it is still not working on the other two the only difference that I have noticed are that the one that works is on a new install so the database is VL_ works the the two that do not are upgrades with their database prefix being ats_ so I am not sure if that would make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.