Table 'VL_settings' already exists

Andy

Hmmm....trying to get visio list working properly on a new server. It did have visio list installed on the previous server for this domain but unfortunately I wasn’t able to locate the password? Now I have moved it to another server, created a new database with new user name and password and imported the sql into that database and Im getting this error?

Fatal error: Database error in "/home3/amaegato/public_html/domesticspankingblog.com/autorank/install/index.php" on line 690

Table 'VL_settings' already exists in /home3/amaegato/public_html/domesticspankingblog.com/autorank/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Is there anything I can do to fix it at all?

Andy

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
if you imported the database you dont need to run the installer, you should be all set just remove the install directory.

Andy

Ahhhh yes awesome so it is :) I just need to change the admin password and im done :) Brilliant! :) Thanks :)

Andy

back to the username and password issue for the database though if I try to actually manage the toplist in any way past logging in. I think it may be accessing the old database rather than the new one because of course I didn't actually get to finish installing it? Is there a setting inside of any file in the script that points to the database itself at all?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Yes you must ensure settings_sql.php has your new servers MySQL credentials

Andy

Ok thanks Mark :) Doesn't look like its going to work. Ahhh well... I think somebody said that host gator dont allow toplists anyway so probably for the best :) It works fine with the others anyway using autorank php and that is the main thing :) Thanks for your help :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Host gator only blocks button.php, and only on shared servers.

If you want to be it working feel free to send me FTP/cpanel login

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
sure send me a private message (conversation) with your credentials and info about the installation