Implemented suggestion for admin area

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
I was in the admin today approving a user's edits and noticed when finished, it just takes me to the completed page.. same thing for editing reviews and so on.

It would be nice if it redirected you back to the account edit page you are working on or at a minimum, add a link to take you back to where you were. Otherwise you'd have to search for the user all over again, wasting time and all that.

thanks

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, we have added many similar redirects already, I will add a redirect to the approve function now. It will be included in the next release, but I will also post back here for those who want to hack the file and take advantage of this right away.

brb

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Upon investigation I see redirect after approval of a member is already in place. Please provide specific steps how you are approving and NOT being redirected.

Reviews are not supported so I know those are not redirecting.

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
great!

All of the dead ended pages should have redirects or links to either home or where you were depending on which actions you were doing.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
They already do ;)I need specific URL's.

anything I do (approve, edit users, edit pages, edit languages etc) in the admin redirects me

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
user edits their entry, you go to Approve Edited Members and approve. it then takes you to a dead end.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
already in place. Line 117 of approve_edited.php has the redirect.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
as stated above, the legacy reviews module is not supported. But its easy enough to add the redirect

open edit_review.php and find on line 74:

$TMPL['admin_content'] = $LNG['a_edit_rev_edited'];

add this after:

header("refresh:1; url={$TMPL['list_url']}/index.php?a=admin&b=manage_reviews");

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
hmm that's right, I'm forgetting there are no more reviews.. and these are all old legacy stuff. the reviews link back isn't as important now...

thanks

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
let me know if you spot any pages that dont redirect, happy to fix any we might have missed.

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
already in place. Line 117 of approve_edited.php has the redirect.
it redirects to itself, thus acting like a dead end if there no other approvals pending.
header("refresh:1; url={$TMPL['list_url']}/index.php?a=admin&b=approve_edited");

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
it redirects to itself, thus acting like a dead end if there no other approvals pending.
header("refresh:1; url={$TMPL['list_url']}/index.php?a=admin&b=approve_edited");
that is the intended result, if you have other sites to approve you are exactly where you need to be. If not, you get a message saying no sites to approve.

Unless you have a better idea how to handle this?