Stats reset before scheduled

mikez006

I originally had stats/votes reset every week. About 2 weeks ago I changed it to monthly. After the next reset, the timer showed 30 days til next reset, however today my site reset.

The timer still shows 21 days 14 hrs so I don't know why it reset. Any ideas?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Today is Monday, so somehow your list still resets weekly. So not a issue with the plugin.

Beside that hard to tell whats up. Do you maybe made use of cron.php to let the list reset?
If so youneed to update your cronjob in cpanel also to run once a month instead once weekly.

mikez006

I have no cronjobs setup in Cpanel. How do I know if my site is using the cron.php file? I don't see any option in admin for cronjobs

This is hard to test as well, is there a way to manually reset the time and set it for 1 minute so I can test things out?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if you have no cronjob in cpanel, then you not use cron.php
If its used you would have a cronjob + $CONF['cron'] = 1; in settings_sql.php

No manual reset, and wouldnt help you out. Your issue is with week and month of some sort, so nothing is minutely reset would change

Besides, how did you know your stats reset? Do you made use of the template tags to show hits in? If so are they still using weekly? {$unq_in_0_weekly}

mikez006

I'm using the bootstrap theme and display votes and click-outs for every listing. I checked the files and they showed weekly, not monthly and after I updated it to monthly it showed the correct stats.

This is the code after I made the edit:
Code:
<span class="inout"> Votes:  <span class="inoutcolor">{$unq_in_0_monthly} </span>  Clicks:  <span class="inoutcolor">{$unq_out_0_monthly}</span>
There are 4 files I had to edit to change it from weekly to monthly.

table_row
table_row_premium
table_top_row
table_top_row_premium

What can I change the above code to so that when I switch from weekly to monthly via Admin it will automatically switch? Displaying in/out was not part of the default bootstrap theme.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
That option is sort of available for hits in, and would be {$this_period} if i remember correctly. But that option is more to display stats based on the "rank by hits", rank by out, rank by pv link you find in the sidebar. So if visitor clicks rank by hits out, {$this_period} will display the out numbers.

Your better of keeping it the way you have it