Stats area not authorized?

ryancbarnes

So... not sure how that section works.

I made a fake user, control panel, stats, ... dialog bog pops up, i use the user accounts' name/pass and it keeps popping up like it's wrong.

I use the admin name/pass and that doesnt work either.

So... not sure how/who has permies for this area, and how to configure them. Am I missing something basic here?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
thanks, it looks like your skin has templates that are out of date, can you try uploading a fresh "parabola" from the 0.6 bundle? that should correct the issue.

ryancbarnes

Okay, did that. I set it to the category 'Pay to Play'

I still have the same problems as with the other skin.

Also, the skin I'm using is the "Next Gen" which is modified for logo/minor tweaks (colors), which was downloaded from the Skins forum.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This is an odd issue. Properbly server configuration? What happens when you deactivate "clean urls" in admin settings?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I am able to login without issue using the test account I registered on your site yesterday. What browser are you using?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Did you tried to click on stats mark? Then a login box pops up ( chrome )

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
this list will need to turn off clean URLs, your web host is configured to use the /stats/ directory for internal use.

Can I also ask what control panel your server is using? Perhaps they have a workaround for this

edit: another option that would let you keep clean urls enabled would be to install VisioList in a sub directory like yourdomain.com/top/ this would workaround your hosts URL colliding with VL URL.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
yeah its quite easy, update the URL path in admin settings. If you have members loading your buttons you will need to put a dynamic redirect in place in your .htaccess and then ask your members to update their link code. The redirect will ensure their buttons load from the old path.

I'll do some digging later today and post the .htaccess line of code for you

can you let me know what hosing control panel your using? This will allow me to either find another workaround or warn future users about this.

ryancbarnes

Hey Mark, sorry it takes me awhile to get back to things. My career is really busy with deadlines and projects.

Anywho... I'm using DreamHost, and I'm not sure if it's an out of the box control panel, or if it's something they wrote.

One thing that might just make it easier on you (and for those in the future) would be maybe to rename the stats folder during the install/upgrade. Something like, /vStats or the like. This would prevent from having to use subdomains, redirects, etc... maybe even something you can put in the core as a variable ($vs_Stats?)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
No problem :)

changing the /stats/ path at this point would mean every other list would need to redirect all their URL's just so dreamhost customers can use this feature. Its probably a better solution to warn users that if your host is hogging your sites /stats/ path you need to use a sub directory or not use clean URLs. A shame really, but nothing we can do at this stage.

ryancbarnes

hmm,.. odd thing is that I didnt see a 'stats' folder anywhere when I was in FTP the other day... I'll look again in case I missed it.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
unfortunately its not a folder you have control over, your host is redirecting those requests.

ryancbarnes

yeah its quite easy, update the URL path in admin settings. If you have members loading your buttons you will need to put a dynamic redirect in place in your .htaccess and then ask your members to update their link code. The redirect will ensure their buttons load from the old path.

I'll do some digging later today and post the .htaccess line of code for you

can you let me know what hosing control panel your using? This will allow me to either find another workaround or warn future users about this.
Okay, sorry this took awhile to get back to. Been VERY busy actually.

Anyways, do I move the contents of the root directory "/" to a new directory "/mc" first, and then use the admin panel to tell it where the list contents will be?

Or is it the other way around, use the admin panel to point to 'minecraft100.com/mc', then move the files to "/mc" ?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Its easier to update settings before ( also buttons path etc )
But in the end it doesnt matter to much. As these things can also be updated using phpmyadmin

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Here is also some httaccess code you can put into your root to let have queries be redirecting to your subfolder. Used it quiete some time ago as well for this purpose, just the other way around
Code:
RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} ^(www\.)?(anachrony\.net)/topsites(/(.*))?$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.anachrony.net/$1 [R=301,L]
Basicly this takes requests from subfolder called topsites, either with www, or without, with ending trailing slash or without and redirects them to the right adress in the root including www ( so you dont loose pagerank value ). This also included button.php requests, so members who dont update buttons ar still working.

I havent tested this the other way around but something like this should be correct. Give it try and let me know. If it happen to throw an endless loop or whatever error let me know
Ofcourse replace url and subfolder to your own
Code:
RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} ^(www\.)?(anachrony\.net)(/(.*))?$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.anachrony.net/topsites/$1 [R=301,L]
You can also drop out the www. from the third line if you prefer url without www