Spanish translation

Discussion in 'Languages' started by Miguel, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Miguel

Miguel New Member

Hello, I am working in the translation to the Spanish of script and I would like to know if I can (of some form) include “charset=UTF-8” in the file of language for the accents in Spanish or must use

Thanks!
  2. Basti
    • Staff

Basti Administrator Staff Member

Hey Miguel.
    No charset setting is needed in the file itself. Just write it down like in english.php and save the file as utf-8 without BOM.
    The script has the charset set allredy to utf-8

However if you just downloaded 0.7 beta you will need to remove the following from index.php (which is most likely the reason why you dont see the accents correctly ) . In 0.7 final this is also removed, so you dont need to apply it again.
    Code:
    // Convert previously wrong encoded LNG vars
    function icon_convert(&$item1, $key, $prefix)
    {
        $item1 = iconv("cp1251", "UTF-8", $item1);
    }
    array_walk($LNG, 'icon_convert', $LNG);
  3. Miguel

Miguel New Member

Thanks to respond so fast my problem, when I have the translation I can be sent if it interests (free).
    Mark and Basti like this.
  4. Basti
    • Staff

Basti Administrator Staff Member

Your welcome :)
    If you could share it, we would highly appreciate that
  5. Djscusa

Djscusa New Member

@Miguel, are you going to realease it soon? I'm spanish too, so if you need help with the translation, I could give you a hand
    Mark likes this.
  6. alfredb

alfredb New Member

Hello Miguel,

Have you managed to finish the Spanish translation please? Can you share it with us?
  7. k_graham
    • Licensed

k_graham New Member

I see the last response was from 2014 and no reply 6 years ago - may I take it there is no Spanish translation available. Thanks
    cajkan likes this.
  8. Mark
    • Staff

Mark Administrator Staff Member

unfortunately, it does not appear a translation was ever contributed
  9. k_graham
    • Licensed

k_graham New Member

Hi Mark;
    I see opening French.php using Note++ via Ninite.com, a language has 821 text items to change, however probably a majority are for administrative purposes, are the ones for final users a specific number range that I could concentrate on. Hopefully that will reduce the translation via 50 to 90%.
  10. Mark
    • Staff

Mark Administrator Staff Member

I suspect that many of those 821 items may not even be in use. Over 15+ years there is bound to be some phrases that have been removed from the script but not the language translation. I would recommend starting with English as we know its up to date.