Some registrations things

vnevermore

Hello, i am new to php,html and the whole scene.
I've joined the visiolist paid community mostly for the support.

I was checking some basic things of how the script work's and i started editing some things.
Some things i am trying to do without success yet is ->

1) Make the description to be a required field
2)Find where the %join_website_extra are generated so i can change the way it comes out to the html, cause right now i am using the brave(boostrap) theme and each extra text line takes one whole line, while the input is about to be max 4 numbers.
I would like to make it like in 1 line 3 text boxes.
I've already edited the rest from join_form.html using some table's and basic css.
Image preview-> http://prntscr.com/ca2ony
3)Don't know if i am the first one who report's it but the dropdown menu of the specific theme (brave) bugs on the 'User Control Panel' and doesn't show the basic function's. Since i will re-design the theme will not be a problem for me, just i wanted to know if i am the only one facing this problem, or it may be my edit's or version or even browser.

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Brave is an "alpha" release, that I was hoping to get some users working with me on to make it more complete, but for now its quite full of bugs :)

1) you can do this by adding the "required" attribute in the child/join_form template: <textarea required>
2) I'll check this for you, and get back soon. I have not used the extra fields much myself and Basti coded it so I am not sure off the top, but should be easy enough to use bootstrap col-md-X classes to control the sizes.
3) no idea, try using the default theme and see if it works.

vnevermore

1) making from
<div class="form-group">
<label for="join_description">{$lng->g_description}</label>
<textarea cols="50" rows="5" name="description" id="join_description" class="form-control" >{$description}</textarea>
</div>
to

<div class="form-group">
<textarea cols="50" rows="5" name="description" id="join_description" class="form-control required" >{$description}</textarea>
</div>
either to
<div class="form-group">
<textarea cols="50" rows="5" name="description" id="join_description" class="form-control" required >{$description}</textarea>
</div>
didnt work for me check this -> http://prntscr.com/cai1qq
2) waiting for your reply
3) yes on the default theme works great

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
1) your theme may not use the jquery validate that is used in parabola. I tested in default theme and it works as expected.
2) For this you can simply make a CSS rule that controls the width. Use the inspect element tool in your browser to figure out what ID/Class to target, if you need help you will need to post a link to your list so I can inspect
3) bug in Brave theme then, it is an unsupported alpha release after all.