SMTP Mail delivery fails

ozguru

Hi

SMTP Mail delivery fails. I have double check the accecc details and the setting, everthingis looks fine.
I also try with

Secure SSL/TLS Settings SMTP Port: 465
Non-SSL Settings SMTP Port: 587

Both are not working. What could be the problem ?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Really hard to say, what is the host? your own server or external like gmail?
Very often servers block mail sending when the "from email" not comes from the servers mail host. To prevent spam.

Another reason could also be invalid/missing SPF, DKIM DMARC dns settings ( they are email headers to validate the sender to prevent spam ), so your receiving might host auto blocks them

ozguru

Really hard to say, what is the host? your own server or external like gmail?
Very often servers block mail sending when the "from email" not comes from the servers mail host. To prevent spam.

Another reason could also be invalid/missing SPF, DKIM DMARC dns settings ( they are email headers to validate the sender to prevent spam ), so your receiving might host auto blocks them
I just solve the issue with adding google's smtp.

Where i can edit the Mail Tempates ?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, good job.

There are several

join_email.html -> email after joining
join_existing_email.html -> email after joining from user panel ( secondary websites, same account )
join_email_admin.html -> Email to list admin that someone joined
join_premium_email_admin.html -> email to list admin, someone bought premium membership, waiting to be approved
join_premium_email_admin_approved.html -> email to list admin, auto approval premium membership bought
join_premium_email_user.html -> email to the one buying premium membership, telling them its waiting to be approved
join_premium_email_user_approved.html -> email to the one buying premium membership, auto approval
lost_pw_email.html -> email containing the validation link to reset password
premium_app_email.html -> when premium approval is enabled, send out once admin approves it
premium_rej_email.html -> when premium approval is enabled, send out once admin rejects it
premium_end_email.html -> When premium membership of a user ends
user_cp_login_email.html -> Part of 2step login authentication. If user selects email in his account settings. Once he logins he receives this with a link in order to validate his login

All templates make use of many language tags looking like this: {$lng->some_string}
These can be edited via admin manage languages by searching for "some_string"