Screenshot problem

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This might be a issue related to loading time. As far as i can recall, you get a blank screen if the site does not respond in 5 seconds or something.
Not to sure though, Mark should be able to tell you more.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
If screenshot renders black, try again. If they all render black 100% of the time, then the windows server may need restart. But first, try re-rendering them.

Bart

I tried re-rendering 3 times while at work, i'll try again now though and feedback to you.

Bart

I just rendered the screenshots and nearly all of them rendered, the ones that didn't render i tested and the site loads fine.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to re-render the individual ones that failed. For whatever reason none of the 3 different windows servers we have setup for screenshots are 100% perfect.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
PHP imagegrabwindow() invoking COM to open internet explorer and take the screenshot.

I have tried to regrab some that are in black but I get a Internal Error Message after about 10 seconds. Some regrabs have worked.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Can you check with your host? perhaps they can give some clues. Intermittent internal server (500) errors are a result of something on your server

I have had it come back okay, and still have a black screen. Why would it throw an error on the same websites?

It would be great if you clicked on Screenshots and you get a display all the screen grabs (or at least under Manage Users).

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
the screenshot system is not perfect, sometimes it just produces a black screen for no good reason.

This has been the case on every windows server we have tried. We will work on finding a solution to this in the future, but for now re-rendering is the solution.

If you can check your error_log for the error 500 (internal server error) and let me know the details that would be interesting.

It would be great if you clicked on Screenshots and you get a display all the screen grabs (or at least under Manage Users).
Please make a post in the core feature requests section so this can be discussed and reviewed for the future versions.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
No, its better to allow your server to handle the resizing for many reasons. :)