Reviews

Anna

Yes, yes, yes I KNOW that most people are not really fond of the old version (not that there´really is any new version though) of Reviews from Aardwark. But how much I try to using facebook or disqus really dont cut it for me (for instance realised yesterday that there actually are users that consciously have chosen NOT to use facebook etc). So I am left with plain old Reviews.

I read in an older post that a vote/hitsIn should be enough validation for the owner and maybe so. But I use my list quite differntly (www.spindelmor.se and www.findatarotreader.com) where references are A and O. Yes people will look first on the topranked readers ofc, but they will naturally look for how good a reader is and then to what other are saying about it so I will give it a try. However cant find where I should change the php. Where do I find the stats.php file? Can only locate stats.html and if I go via admin-panel this string:<div{$stats_review_hide}> (and other stuff under it) if I click on stats.

Help, bitte please :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
well I am one of those users who will never register with Facebook, and there are plenty of us for sure :)

Disqus is the best comment system at the moment.

If you must use the old review system you can find the stats.php file in the /sources/ folder, though I would strongly recommend you look again at disqus as it has much better spam protection and sex appeal.

Anna

Sorry Mark, but the old Disqus is still a big no-no for me. It REALLY is not sexy in my eyes.... However (Your lucky day I assume^^) a month ago they released a new revamped Disqus that looks really HOT! So I think I go with that one! Thanks for pushing me in the right direction!

A question though ot: There is this Star-icon that is shown how many votes a site gets via disqus shown in the statspage. Do you think it is even possible to move this to the front-table for each and every member? Kind of like votes are shown in reviews? Will dig into Disqus comments as well ofc!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You do know you can (and have always been able to) style disqus to look however you like right? check out their docs ;)

Yes I believe you can show the # of comments and star rating as well, but I have not looked at this closer myself

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
yes, you can show number of comments on the ranking tables, stats pages as well. Did it for my list ( # of comments ).
Will post an update in the comming days