Reset Password issue

xryskom

i got an issue with reset password and the list dont send any mail to the users!
There is an option settings but i am not sure if must to make any changes there....

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
The function is well tested and working.

Are you using SMTP mail?
What is your list URL?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Alright thanks, I will inspect this function and it's smtp integration when I am back at my desk tommorow

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
xyrskom, go to admin in the top menu at members -> email members.
At the box at the bottom remove all the email addresses and write your own there, then try sending yourself an email.

If that also not works something wrong in your smtp settings. For example our dev list secure smtp info is not allowed and the smtp email from cpanel works only when using the non secure version.

So if that not works try replacing your smtp settings, if that one works then you should contact your host.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
So its not the admin settings. If that works, normally the other should works too ( it uses exact same code to send mail ).

I think its pretty safe to say that either
1) the email provider ( gmail, yahoo, whatever it is ) is blocked by your host
2) the mail landed in junk maybe?
- if it does maybe the mail provider automatic delete junk mails?

Your best actions now are
1) Look what email address it was which requested reset password and ask your host if that provider is maybe blocked
2) Since you got the mail from admin email members, add yourself an test account and use the email you placed in admin email members.
Then request a reset password using that account

xryskom

ok I tried with hotmail and i cant get the mail...BUT
when i tring to change my pass to gmail i can get the mail successfuly!
any idea?

cajkan

Maybe filtered from the spam filters, try again in few hours or next day.

Had the same problem :D

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hotmail is garbage, often blocks messages from shared hosting servers.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Might be that hotmail is blocked, wouldn't suprise me on shared hosting. Or Hotmail blocks some hosting providers ( if possible ). Asking your host can answer that quickly.