Ranked buttons not updating and other bugs

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
Just moved to VL and it's a great script however I'm noticing some little issues.

1) using ranked buttons (premade, 1-300 in my case) but for the most part they're not updating on users sites.. most are showing the default or out of range ("join" in my case) button. Some are actually showing on some sites so I'm confused a bit.

2) when a new users signs up, the admin panel main page link shows the number and when you click it it auto approves - it SHOULD take you to the entry so you can check it, edit it, then approve or deny. same thing for screenshots - it should preview site / shot as well.

3) (minor) I bought the branding free option and some email is still using the VisioList name in its verbiage. this should be replaced with either site name or generic verbiage such as topsite, etc.

I'm sure there are some other little things I'm overlooking and I'll update as I notice them.. for now this is what I've seen and what should be addressed quickly.

cajkan

Thanks for the info i hope Mark will look into this

i will buy branding licence too - im just waiting for Mark to reply me via E-mail

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
1) [unable to reproduce] lets give this a day or 2 and see if it persists on your list.

2) [unable to reproduce] when you click the # from the admin main page it does infact take you the edit page where you can examine the pending member and decide to approve or not. I have just checked and verified this to be true. It does not auto approve, I think your confusing this with the screenshot request (hover over the number to confirm)

3) Good catch, we'll be sure and find a way around this going forward. Truth is we dont want to use the word "topsite" in any way due to the bad reputation associated with that word, but we'll come up with something.

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
1) Ok we'll see what happens.. though its strange some update and others do not.

2) I may have had a cache issue or other minor glitch - clicking it now takes me to the edit / approve page as it should.

3) no prob. was just using topsite as an example.. any generic verbiage would be fine.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
1) its very strange indeed, Basti and I are both looking at it now with total confusion. We'll get it sorted.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Got a patch in place, let me know if you spot any side effects.

The reason this happens was due to the old link code from ATS, it does not use the buttontype parameter so it was defaulting to the default button.