problem with new members

I have a problem with newest members plugin. after updating to 1.0, 10 new users registered in my site, but i can't see them in newest members block. In Manage Members (admin panel), when sort members by join date, can not see them too.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I have confirmed its working 100% on all 1.0 installs i have access too

osempire.org or aatoplist.com - feel free to test for yourself

so this would be a problem that is only affecting your list, you will need to disable ALL plugins and test further. If it works fine with plugins disabled you will need to add the plugins back 1 at a time to figure out what is causing this problem for you. TIP: be sure and check any plugin that affects the join form

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
please confirm that you have REMOVED ALL PLUGINS

AND

That these members are active

I promise you this will turn out to be something simple...

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
yes REMOVE (NOT DISABLE) ALL PLUGINS. We need to eliminate any custom modification, problems like this are nearly always caused by customizations (which is why its only happening on your list and none other)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
yes possibly (if you have removed all plugins and tested first ;) ), we did need to add a default time zone to index.php which you can edit to fit your own if needed.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
index.php - replace with simple HTML file to alert your members that the site is down for upgrade.

Otherwise you need to use the index.php found in the update bundle.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
you would know better than I what timezone you are in :) but that looks correct to me

The more I think about this, this is no doubt the cause of your newest members issue, to fix you would need to modify the join date/time entries manually for the members who joined while it was set to Los Angeles time zone.

We will have an option for this timezone to be set soon, I will speak with Basti about how we should implement this.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
yes VL 1.0 is PHP 5.3+ compatible while VL 0.9 was not.

PHP 5.3 throws warnings if the default timezone is NOT set... so we had to set it. That results in this bug you have found for users in drastically different timezones.