Problem with host+ddos protection

xryskom

i have change my host cuz i had many ddos attack on my old...now i have protected host but a stange thing happen ...it could at at all connect with the database and the seems to be broken...i send a ticket to my host provider and they answer me....

"I've found the issue and made a change in our system, in fact your website is using a "non standard method" to get a remote URL, by non standard I mean, while it "works" it is not the correct way to do it as it doesn't follows the HTTP/RFC, hence why people can ddos your website as well. I suggest you to do what I have said in my last reply, even if it currently works."

"Your website is not following the proper HTTP/RFC specifications to make external web requests, they are incomplete requests and our system doesn't like them to be done this way. (Hence why we are stable against DDoS Attacks)."

what i have to do?

cajkan

Hello Xryskom,

Do you use callback plugin? If not you can try host HYPERFILTER they are very very strong vs DDoS attacks but callback plugin will not work.
I had few DDoS attacks and im 100% sure that it's not VL fault, you can also try using cloudflare but still if you are using callback plugin they can see from which IP they get the callback info.

Currently im using @Mark host - http://www.oswebhosting.com/ and i didn't had any DDoS issues yet.

xryskom

i will tell you what the answer was from Hyperfilter they dont support the VL methods and my site was broken...so i rent a vps to OVH with permanent Mitigations system and PRO account on cloudflare now the website will ROCK :p
Also HyperFilter has Bandwidth limit with 6-8 k user perday and the multi pages i cant handle the Cost and i think is not worth
anyway thanks

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Isnt that a bit to strict? disabling curl for ddos protection? What happened to proper filewall rules to avoid repeative calls within a certain timeframe? -.-