Problem adding category

psycoscool

When I add a category, the category Skins and page turns white, you can not even view the page by clearing the cache.

Can you help me please?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
if you have the SEO plugin installed, go to admin -> plugins and click the install icon beside that one, then see if problem persists.

if not, white screen means a suppressed PHP error, you can check your error_log for more details on the error which would give some clues.
or you can enable debugging in index.php to reveal more info.

psycoscool

The problem of category will not come because I put accents in the title of the categories? Or is it really the Plugins? yes i have plugin Woorank for Google Chrome. Should I uninstall it? If I translated all the sentences from English into French, but how is it that some sentence on the site remains in English?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
No, not browser seo plugin, Mark meant SEO plugin of VL

The problem of category will not come because I put accents in the title of the categories?
Dont think so, saw even arabish letters there before without a problem

how is it that some sentence on the site remains in English?
That means simply you forgot some sentences. Any missing phrase in a particular language is filled with english to ensure there is something

Overall you will have to check your error log like Mark said, no use guessing around all day.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, support has to be English or German, we do not understand other languages.
If you dont know what to do, you can also pm me ftp and admin login so i can have a look myself

psycoscool

Sorry I did not care for the French. I do not have SEO Plugin for VL. I have to check but I have all my sentences in English: '(

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Issue has spoted, caused by a single quote. For everyone else, expect this to be fully fixed in VL 1.1 along the possibility to use any character as your category name.
Some may know what issues this brings currently.

This has been discussed before, but for everyone new here. We will strip all bad characters out of the url and the display category ( the text in sidebar for example ) stays as it is