Premium Members Next Generation - Feedback Wanted

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
We are starting to plan the next generation of the premium member module, as always we are interested in feedback from our users.

What we have planned is:

- Set time based on days instead of weeks.
- bidding system option so members can bid on top positions, high bidder gets top spot
- ability to rebuy/increase bid while member is already premium
- ability for admin to give coupons for free trials / discounts
- option for free premium trial for new signups
- adding skrill and possibly other payment providers
- paypal sandbox for testing purposes
- avoid usage of paypal token for IPN
- payment form, month or days selection

anything you would like to see? this is the place and time to post your ideas!

cajkan

Every feature looks great that you have listed,
I love the free premium trials / coupons feature, this could be very useful for Social Media.

adding skrill and possibly other payment providers -
Skrill/Moneybookers allow easy payment if you use your own email ( registered email ), so you actualy send money to that email, but getting gateway payment requires you to submit application and to be accepted its very hard, they ask for buisness documents, employes, how much you plan $ to recive, etc... but getting accepted application is very hard from Skrill.

Also ive heard that Paypal will change their payment IPN in very soon time.

About weeks to days, would be cool if users could pick months. Most of the popular topsites got months
1 month, 3, 6, 12... So users dont have to count days how much is 2 months :rolleyes:

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
About weeks to days, would be cool if users could pick months. Most of the popular topsites got months
1 month, 3, 6, 12... So users dont have to count days how much is 2 months
This can be added easily, while keeping the days feature. Simply let the user pick months or days before he enter his desired period.
If month selected, 1 would be internal changed to 30

proxydesign

Visiolist-Fan
It would be good with instead of days premium, with time premium. Like premium for 12 or 24 hours. Many people would love that i doubt.:)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I see no benefit at all for 12 hours, even 1 day seems silly to me in the real world.

I am open to someone proving otherwise

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
To everyone supporting all this 12 hours or even one day. Keep in mind payment system fees. If a user buys one day you are left with like nothing.
Paypal for example take a 50 cents flat fee + 3-5% from the pay amount, not sure about the exact numbers out of the head, but something along those lines. Keep that in mind if you choose your daily price.

daannet

it is AWESOME! GREAT

Sorry for caps but it is GREAT

But, is it possible to make it for ... days free when a site/user register/join?
And an coupon system

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Something like this is to much for a plugin and will be handled as a core feature

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like version 1.0 will be a maintenance release focusing on code cleanup and modernization more than new features. This is a big one, and wont be fully ready for a couple versions probably.

ADKGamers

I like all those so far, the biggest one for me was being able to re-buy/add time when you had a current subscription. Looking forward to this!

willy928

I like the way it is set up. Half the sites on my list I own so there is only 1 premium site needed, mine! To me a top list is all about generating like minded traffic. I love your script, its years ahead of your competition.