Please Select fill form

top50servers

A couple of my members (I don't know how) forget to choose the correct category and it defaults to the first one. Maybe an something like a [ Please Select ] option could be placed at the top. So if nothing is selected it returns an error *

proxydesign

Visiolist-Fan
Well, as far I know, this is not a problem. You as a admin can change the category, and the user itselfs can also do this by logging in.

top50servers

Well, as far I know, this is not a problem. You as a admin can change the category, and the user itselfs can also do this by logging in.
This is true. I have certain options that only appear when the server type is selected (specific detail boxes) so in my case its more of an issue since a user may not fill out all the details.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You can do this easily with a little JavaScript to force a selection.

Using the "name" value of the select box (category in this case) you can add a rule to the jquery validate code in the join form template, along with with your demands. See the jquery validate plugin docs to learn more.

On mobile ATM, but I'll post a snippet when I get back to my desk.

someone can google "jquery validate select box" if they don't want to wait for me, it's Christmas and I'll prob stay away from my desk for a while.