PHP/Javascript - Creating a server status script

Chrisspitz

Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to create a server status script in php, which I have done, but then have the php script ran through javascript, but for some reason when I add the
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://mysite.com/status.php"></script>
.. into my site (in the proper location since i'm pretty familiar with the code)... It doesn't display properly. Is it possible that the javascript from Visiolist is interfering with my script not allowing it to show? I have tried different browsers and different versions of the php status script itself with no luck, still doesn't show up (well it does but its just comes up like a line break, with no information).

Any tips or help is greatly appreciated.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Its possible that something is interfering, but really cannot say what it might be.

One way to check is open wrapper.html and take out the js near the bottom and track down which of these js is causing your issue, depending on if something from that is the issue we can track it down further.

Why do you want to include it as js? did the same happen with a normal include?
HTML:
{include "http://www.mysite.com/script.php"}
Might as well be that your script isnt echoing anything at all, but i suppose you tested it standalone

Chrisspitz

I didn't try a normal include to be honest the guide I was following was using the js include.
But anyways.
After posting this I tested it standalone and found another problem, it's working but the status always shows offline because of my webhosts firewall. I opened a ticket asking them to allow outgoing connections on all ports and they replied they don't allow changes to the firewall for clients anymore >_> so pretty much even if I did get it to work now I couldn't use it anyway unless I changed to a webhost that could do this which I probably will be doing even though I have a pretty good deal with my current host unlimited everything for 5 dollars a month.

Chrisspitz

Haha, well I changed hosts last night and now im back to the same problem again.
The script doesn't appear because something is interfering I guess.
I tried using the include code you showed me and it didn't work so well, when I loaded the page there was a bunch of php errors so I removed it.

I looked through the wrapper like you said and there is quite a bit of javascript so I didn't want to tinker with anything even though I knew some of it was probably for like a progress bar etc.
Ill give more details later honestly i'm too lazy to figure it out right now lol

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Code:
I tried using the include code you showed me and it didn't work so well, when I loaded the page there was a bunch of php errors so I removed it.
The include just includes what gets output by the php file. If errors show up it means something wrong in your php file you want to include. If you want post the errors up so we can have a look. The php file might be useful as well, via pm is best i guess

malichulo

Can someone please make public this server status script, I need it.
Code:
The include just includes what gets output by the php file. If errors show up it means something wrong in your php file you want to include. If you want post the errors up so we can have a look. The php file might be useful as well, via pm is best i guess
Can you spare me this script?
VisioList needs a server status plugin for Gameserver topsites :D
------------
-

Do you contacted Mark about my issue?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes i contacted mark about it but no reply yet.

About the plugin, as of now we work on a new release with several bug fixes, completing the language variables and some other stuff. That consume pretty much time.

However a server status code isnt that hard to create and we properbly release an plugin in the near future