Permissions

Andy

If we have suPhp installed on the server, do we still need to chmod

/banners/
/languages/
/plugins/
/screens/

as 777? Our support guys at Nexcess suggested nothing needed to be 777 on SuPhp? And i couldn't actully get the script to even install the language pack until I changed the languages directory to 755 ?

Could you just clarify for us? The suPhp thing is a little confusing :)

Thanks.

Andy

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
On suphp you can skip the permissions as far as i know. For fastcgi iam not sure right now out of the head ( Mark is the Server techy here :) )
But you can test it easily. Simply leave all as it is and visit the installer page. If any requirement shows red there you still need to chmod what is told

Andy

Cool :) Thanks Basti :) I did get this one error in the installation:

CGI PHP NOT detected. You MAY encounter some file ownership problems when editing files uploaded through the admin interface

But it seemed to install ok. The language import part was a little slower without changing folder permissions but it worked ok.

Im guessing cgi PHP is some module we will need to get installed on the server rather than anything to do with the permissions? No problem with getting anything installed...they are probably expecting a few little hicups like that at support :)

Andy

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You should be safe :) that warning is more of a heads up in case you have odd behavior with plugins or editing skins.