Paypal prob??

LemoniscooL

to test paypal transactions you can use the paypal sandbox
you can create a sandbox account, fill it with virtual money and another sandbox account as reciever etc
like that you can test payments without really paying money

you just have to make VisioList use the sandbox instead, but i dunno how atm. I didnt have a closer look at the payment system in VL yet maybe Basti or Mark know how to do that

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
As far as i know the token is needed to validate the payment, which is needed for website payments. Without this validation i think the payment will fail.
If i were you i would set the weekly price to 0.01$ or so and have a friend quickly buy it to try it out. But iam positive it might fail

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the token is required to report the successful transaction back to your VL, the payment should go through fine but you will need to manually edit your member to give premium I think.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Is this "new" or something? iam 100% certain i havent had a business account when i first used this feature ( around 7 years ago or so )

Though its somewhat correct from paypal to require a business account. Selling from your website normally means you have a business, and that needs to be registered in your country ( think paypal requires business information when switching ). Even if you just sell for 5$ a month, it is still a business and needs to be registered

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
sorry, ignore my previous text. I checked my old normal paypal account and I found the token there, basicaly you have to activate it by turning on 2 options
Auto Return for Website Payments

Payment Data Transfer (optional)

after updating the token will show on Profile/My Selling Preferences/Website Payment Preferences

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yea thats was suggested already, knew it works.

Only problem these guys could have is that
1) account has to be verified
or
2) this is some country restriction to only allow the token for business account

But i find this very unlikely
Anyone still having these issue, please activate the options and save. Then revisit the page, the token should be there

Didn't get it resolved. The PayPal people are a bit stumped. They said business shouldn't be required for it. Settings save, confirmation email sent. It is a bug it seems.

This is the first thing we ever connected to paypal that requires token . xD

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Oh what a bummer, seem you need to cross your fingers for he paypal people to fix it soon

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
If your unable to find it please contact paypal support, if they are indeed stumped they need more reports to force them to deal with the issue.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Are there more seelings tools below the end of your screenshot? or is "Paypal button language encoding" the end of page?

cajkan

You must fill up an application and Paypal will review your website and they will reply you if u can use them as payment gateway, and Morus is true - Buisness account is MUST Have.

Ive submited app @ 2CO - they charge 10,99$ for review.
Fillup app at Payza/Alertpay - they accept me in 7 week not so sure.
Fillup app at Moneybookers/Skrill - and you must have Buisness account - they review my website but i got declined LOL :D

So as you can see All payment gateways got same method of usage... they Review your website, and they will reply.

Good luck

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Duh, normally paypal support have always been great from my experience. So hopefully its some greater issue and thats why they need so long

daannet

For people who wants to use 2Checkout use coupon: invisionfree why pay if it can free? By the way this is not fake! So use it! I get this coupon from by invision power board license (nexus)