Overall stats & visitor count

Anna

When looking through the marvelous plugin "Overall stats" I realised that the when I look at the "pages shown" and "unique pages shown" it shows all the pages shown from aaaall the different member pages (Aka right now I have >38 000 pages shown in total). Is this as intended? What is the use of that? And if it is - how do I go about to add for example google analytics code (or something similar) in there to for example get a correct number of total visitors for to calculate ad-price? Where is the best place to place the code and is google analytics the best tool for this?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
The Overall stats represent the statistics of all your members added together, so visitors can see how active your list is. It was like this ever since aardvark, but i can see it can be easily misinterpreted if your new to it.
Writing such visitor counter for your own website is waste of effort, there exist so many great scripts such as analytics, which provide much better stats

You dont put google analytics in there, google anayltics have to be in wrapper ( or included in wrapper via a plugin ) or else you dont get the correct pageview count of your website

Anna

OK, to start from the end: So as long as the verificationcode code is somewhere in the wrapper I should be OK?

But the site views really does not show how active My List is. It only shows how active the members sites are. And that really dont show visiotrs anything useful. Right? Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes google analytics in wrapper and it will count your pageviews correctly.

And yes you look at it a bit wrong. Actually this info is only useful for webmasters who wanna join. I think a normal visitor couldnt care less. Pageviews may be not sound that useful, but it can show the webmaster that some big sites are there. But more important for him is properbly the In / Out stats, that does say alot about the activity on the list.

This plugin was always as it now, but this conservation could lead to an improvement. Actually it would better to be in the user control panel shown as toplist activity or something.