Other ways to cheating

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
usually looking at stats of your top members is easy to tell if anyone is cheating, low pageviews high percentage of hits it.

or visit the website of a suspected member, and see if your button is in a good place or hidden in an iframe/javascript etc.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
not really, but I am not seeing it in context either... I do see some HTML coding mistakes.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Just as a tip for everyone. Iframe cheating ( 1 visitor to member site = 1 automated hit in by putting the vote button in an iframe ), can be avoided by enabling the gateway page, as it requires a click action.

For people not relying on the gateway ( iam myself one of these ), Iframe breaker scripts work wonders
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (top.location != self.location) {
    top.location = self.location.href;
} 
//-->
</script>
This is just one of a few good ones out there. You can put that into your websites head to break out of any iframe.
Now a good javascripter should be able to make a anti iframe breaker, but lets be honest, the majority can't.

There is also the issue that the visitor on member site gets redirected to your website, which may annoy them. Keep that in mind

CrazyCoder

huummm and where do u put this script basti ?
what about those autoclick i've been told but dont get how it can vote , autovote, as the cms check users voting ip !!!???

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
huummm and where do u put this script basti ?
In the head area of wrapper.html

Those autovoters, swiftvoter or how its called, are nasty. changing ips, captcha filling and i dont know what else

CrazyCoder

maybe we could add something to the voting procedure, an icon captcha !!! hahahaa no robots would be able to use it, i think so
have a look there => http://www.jqueryrain.com/?Nl6SX6wD
i think this one must be activated by real humans, whats ur opinion ?
gonna try to add it to gateway page hahahaa, so once activated, show vote buttons, and add it to the stats page vote link too
hihiii

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Could still be cheated by the autovoters ( like the one we mentioned, i bet they have such things ). Setting up an auto clicker script on your server, setting up the window px dimensions where the captcha is located and programming the clicker to move the captcha so its unlocked.

Such things might work a few weeks, but i saw the inside of the mentioned cheat program and they seem to release new ways to crack security as soon as things not work anymore

I fear in the end, and with always advancing technologies it will be harder to counter such programs.
Questions is, how many of your members use it? Is it worth spending repeated 100's hours of fighting back just 1 program? When one can deactivate suspected members.

If one not want registrations in order to vote, there will always come some new guys