Option for List Admin to Add a Referral Link to the Listed Site

freecashpro

Professional Web Developer & Coder
Hi,

My lists always feature sites that either have a referral program or affiliate program and it would be awesome if VisioList could also have an extra field only available to the list admin (maybe in the 'edit member' area) where I could add my own referral link or affiliate link for the listed site that I'd also (optionally) have the option of replacing all the links on the listing with or just added to the listing in a separate "Use this Link to Become a Member of the List Admin's Downline" (or something worded better) option.

On my other heavily customized aardvark list (at FreeCashOnlineTopSiteList.com) I accomplished this by simply making the site URL read only (non editable) and then I can go in and replace the URL myself. Even when the list member goes to edit their account then they can't edit the URL (and I have a note saying that if they would like to request a change to the URL then send an email to me) [that would also do in this case if you just add a setting (checkbox?) in the list admin to make the URL read-only and it would be really easy to implement (so basically the URL is only editable by the admin)]

Optionally (lol) after this change you could also make it a paid for one-time option for the list member to be able to edit his/her URL (thereby giving them back control over what referral or affiliate link his/her listing get's credited to and making it off limits to the list admin to change it into giving himself credit for the referral - lol)

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
you should be able to do this using the custom fields option in the admin panel, check it out and see if that does the trick. Then you can extend that field data in many possible directions using plugins :)

freecashpro

Professional Web Developer & Coder
you should be able to do this using the custom fields option in the admin panel, check it out and see if that does the trick. Then you can extend that field data in many possible directions using plugins :)
Oh yeah, ok... (duh) I'll try that ! Thanks!