Open Link in a new window

mukhtar

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to open the members' site link in a new window?

Also I will really appreciate, how do I make so that the members see the link code page as the first page after they log into the user control panel?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Where ever you want the links to change, since u havent told that a few examples could stats.html, table_top_row.html, table_row.html

to change the redirect url, edit this line in sources/user_cpl.php
Code:
                header("refresh:3; '{$TMPL['list_url']}/index.php?a=user_cpl'");
This change would not be permanent though and you would need to apply it after each update.

May i ask why you need that?

proxydesign

Visiolist-Fan
Basti, it is because he wants the user to still be on the site, and dont leave it "forever". I have self implemented it to my list before this thread was created, and after a bit analytics I see that many of the user go back to my list and clicks on a new link. In a loop, nearly.

mukhtar

Dear Basti, thank you for your reply. It is because I want to encourage the users to put my link codes on their websites. And also because the members can see their stats without having to login, so no point to show them that right after they log in. And since the navigation menu links do not show in which page the user is so some get lost. I tried the code you sent me for adding the highlight using jQuery in user main menu links, it did not work for me. It would be really nice if in future releases the navigation is more user friendly with CSS.

Anyways, there are two occurrences of the below code in sources/user_cpl.php file

PHP:
header("refresh:3; '{$TMPL['list_url']}/index.php?a=user_cpl'");
Line: 150 and Line 159 , I tried changing at both the places to

PHP:
header("refresh:3; '{$TMPL['list_url']}/index.php?a=user_cpl&b=link_code'");
but it didn't work :(

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
ah that wont work yea, undo those edits.

instead copy user_cp_login.html into parabola child folder, then edit that file

Code:
<form action="{$list_url}/index.php?a=user_cpl" method="post">
Simply change the action url instead

mukhtar

I changed the action to
Code:
<form action="{$list_url}/index.php?a=user_cpl&b=link_code" method="post">
of the newly copied user_cp_login.html in the parabola child folder, still it didn't work.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I had tried it myself this time before testing and i can confirm it works
You sure your browser might not be blocking redirects?

mukhtar

I had tried it myself this time before testing and i can confirm it works
You sure your browser might not be blocking redirects?
I think most forms use action then my browser would block all? :p

I tried it once again but in vain :(

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
hmm that is odd, ill try again to be 100% sure.

EDIT::
Yup just tried again, works correctly. You enter login information, then the main page is showed quickly and then the redirect to link code happens

You sure you edited correct file after copying file into child folder?
Also just in case, clear your browser cache, who know how hard your cache settings are

mukhtar

I made the change in the sources/user_cp.php file and it worked. but like cajkan said, i have to wait 1-2 sec for page reload.

The other option to change the action for the form in skin files did not work for me. Thank you all, specially Basti. you rock!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
you can speed up the refresh by changing this

refresh:3;

3 means wait 3 seconds