Offering More Static Button Images

JoeyG

Is it possible to offer more than one static button image?
I was thinking about adding different styles and colors if my static button somehow 'clashes' with one of my members pages.

Thanks.
Joe

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
sure, you can edit the link_code template and manually add any alternate link codes you like.

JoeyG

Ok, I just wanted to make sure that there was not a feature or plugin for this before I went ahead and make the changes.
Thanks Mark

JoeyG

Looked at the thread, it seems like it would be a good idea if the 1x1 pixel was included in the code to have the ability to track the pageviews.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
And make sure you either use admin edit child skin feature ( found at the skins section in admin )
or
copy the link_code.html into the child folder of your skin, so future updates of the skin dont overwrite your change

proxydesign

Visiolist-Fan
Yea, I know, but I do want more static buttons, and not only one. I see I can create buttons manually, but then it will not track pageviews or something. Wonder if there is any solution to make more buttons which track pageviews.

panzerdude

I see that the link_code template contains this single line, {$link_code_content}

I'm kinda confused on how to create more static buttons. What exactly do i need to do?

Can someone post an example of what I should add to create another static button.

Thank you.

panzerdude

Do you just want images? as you properbly read pageview would not work
Yes, just normal static images would be great. I'm just fine with that, I just want to offer more variety in sizes. I'm just totally lost on how to do it. :)

panzerdude

Here you go, from the plugin there is a file extra_link_code.html
ive include a sample code, just update the image paths and then copy the code for how many extra iimages you need to display
Thank you, I will work on this and let you know how it turns out. Cheers :)

panzerdude

Here you go, from the plugin there is a file extra_link_code.html
ive include a sample code, just update the image paths and then copy the code for how many extra iimages you need to display

thanks allot! I've got it working, :)