no welcome email sent

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
Was checking functions and added another site to one of my accounts on the list and its not sending the welcome email or the site html rank/button codes.

Checked the server's email queue and its not there nor is in my inbox.

edit: just check the email logs and its not there (as well as a new user sign up's email) - so it appears as its not being generated when we get a sign up. (I am getting the new user has joined emails however)

a little help please.

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
apparently it is set up to send the welcome email AFTER the site is approved..
Can we change this behavior as we prefer to approve sites that actually place the rank code on their pages?

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
yes.. we don't use that due to the amount of scammers and spammers who join. we do need to check the site before we approve them..

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Why would you send the welcome mail with the codes etc before you approve it? thats contra productive to your statement
yes.. we don't use that due to the amount of scammers and spammers who join. we do need to check the site before we approve them..
Thats like you reveal your button code to the spammers, hence approving sites gets useless

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
perhaps, but i'm so used to it now as that is how it's always been done.. Guess I can manage to change my ideas on it and let it be as is.... :\

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Aardvark never had that, so i suppose you tweaked it yourself to do that.
It is possible to change with the help of a plugin. Let me know the exact behavour you have and i write it up quickly

-> he clicks submit
-> will link code be display?
-> will the standart join email be sent?
= overall exactly like you dont approve them?

This would require one manual change to add in a new hook though, but no biggy

cajkan

Actually i think its better to set to auto approve

If some scammers appear better ban IP, URL, so once you ban its way better i belive

This happened on my site too, they was other advertisers just like me so i took some actions.

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
well on our Aardvark, it did send the welcome email with the code in it upon signing up.. it also displayed it in the ucp after signing up.

I'm ok with it not showing till approved but we do need to confirm signup with email.

With this, at a minimum, I'd like to see a welcome or thanks for joining email saying something like "we have received your application and will email you again once approved" (more or less) Of course, email authentication would be best at this point, confirming their email.
links to user control panel
username
site url

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
it also displayed it in the ucp after signing up.
So they could log into ucp while not being approved?

With this, at a minimum, I'd like to see a welcome or thanks for joining email saying something like "we have received your application and will email you again once approved" (more or less)
Just curious here, but why an extra email? that is being displayed right off the bat after he hit submit

Of course, email authentication would be best at this point, confirming their email
Indeed this is something important, which as been outlined by a few members already and hence, is on our todo list and will most likely make it into 1.0 or 1.1

Ill write up a quick plugin for you tomorrow so it send out an email for these guys as well.

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
why the email at sign up? Easy one.. it confirms them signing up, letting them know they need to be approved first, and can be the basis or starting point for the email auth later on as it's developed.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well they know that they still need to be approve when the read the info text after signup. But here you go.

1) you need some file changes. For this upload the replace.zip contents on your ftp ONLY for Vl 0.9
- Not certain this stays as it is now, if it should change we will inform
2) Download and upload the plugin.
3) in the plugin you find a file send_email.html
In there you can customize your email a bit
4) if you want the link codes to display place {$link_code} into skins/yourskin/join_finish_approve.html

Attachments