Newest Members position

Karl

I would like to reposition my newest members but I cannot seem to find the tag or code to do so?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
{$sidebar_1_bottom} is the tag, however this tag is used by more then just newest members. Thats why we need to think of something to reposition html which is included via such tags

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
The plugin can also be modified to use its own template tag instead of {$sidebar_1_bottom}. Basically edit the plugin and replace $TMPL['$sidebar_1_bottom'] with $TMPL['newest_members_mod'] and you can use {$newest_members_mod} to position the output in wrapper.html

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but i do not suggest that, will be overwritten with each update. I would just move the tag until we have found a permanent solution to handle plugin placement order

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
well the user can rename the plugin folder and make it his own to avoid overwriting. At this time its the only solution, there is no solution coming soon to order these types of situations.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, would be a solution. But then again bad if a plugin updates. I had some times allready some ideas for this issue in mind. Think i make that my priority for 0.8

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I think we should stop using template hooks altogether and make all plugins have their own template tag for output. That means 1 extra step for the user when installing a plugin (paste {$something} into whatever template), but then they can place the output anywhere they like.